Selection Weekend Activities?

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we will have a swim at selection weekend?
I know some lads on here weren't sure some said yes some said no, and round the unit it seems to be the same unclearness.

Not that I am too bothered if we swim or not, just was wondering.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am joining Mersey, the weekend isn't until september *text deleted*, so I am sure they will, just some lads are saying we will be swimming others are saying we won't, *text deleted*.

longers

Reaction score
RMR Merseyside selection weekend sept 2007 (107 troop):

saturday morning- warm up/ 3 mile run individual effort the whole way in under 21 mins

saturday afternoon- warm up/ pressups, situps, pullups, bleep test

late saturday afternoon- confidence at heights test (climbing wall/ some absailing.

sunday morning - hour long swiming assesment consisting of doing a length then getting out going to the back of the que then another length etc, each length was a diffrent stroke or just legs or just arms etc.

and lots of power point presentations *text deleted*

KR-Central

Reaction score
I am joining Mersey, the weekend isn't until september *text deleted*, so I am sure they will, just some lads are saying we will be swimming others are saying we won't, *text deleted*.
Hi, Dodger! Just passed my Psychometric test at the armed forces office. I should be on the same selection as you at RMR Merseyside!! Just have to do this eysight test and interview, medical PJFT stuff!! Should see you there!!