Seriously could the average joe train in 6months to pass PRMC?

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get the feeling most people here are already fit or play a certain sport every week. Ijust want to know can the average guy with not the best fitness but standard train and be ready for a PRMC in 6 months?? How often did u guys train before *text deleted* prmc was you already fit before it?

Oz22

Reaction score
It all depends on your situation for all we know you could be 20 stone. But for a general rule of thumb if your in a generally fit state i.e your the correct weight for your height ect.. then 6 months is more than long enough to be ready.
They are not looking for the finished product yet!
Just train hard and make sure your at the required standard before you turn up on a PRMC.

Best of luck

Oz

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whilst not a Marine myself, just a recruiter of them: I've witnessed many average guys under 20, but not overweight, who lead an otherwise sedentary lifestyle, maybe playing football once a week who have passed PRMC within 4 months of applying and starting to get fit.

Assuming you are sufficiently mature & focussed enough, it can be achieved. Those taking over 6 months to be sufficiently prepared to pass PRMC, barring genuine injury (shin splints for example), are probably not sufficiently focussed to achieve their goal in most cases. There are always examples to the contrary, but if you really want it, you should be able to achieve a pass between 4 and 6 months of starting from scratch in most cases, unless you are foolish enough to think you can pass without thorough physical preparation.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the "average" Joe means that your at an average weight? 6 Months easily.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Well, the "average" Joe means that your at an average weight? 6 Months easily.

I was average weight, and average fitness fairly strong as i was into sport.....i still failed first time round.

Id say have no illusion, PRMC is very very tough

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, you could in 2-3 months if you trained hard.

Since (unfortunately) you don't have to actually get 60 pressups/80 situps etc, it's not hard. And running 3 miles in 22:30 isn't hard either, you could get to that in a couple of months providing you train intensely.

PRMC isn't hard, but then again I always train balls the wall.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was average weight, and average fitness fairly strong as i was into sport.....i still failed first time round.

Id say have no illusion, PRMC is very very tough

Id say i was same as you,

What did you fail on?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
CAN be done within 2-3 month mark if you have the time to train, and dont get injured. My time schedule was 6 months, got injured, now I have about 2-3 months all going well to hopefully be good enough.

New Threads