Sh1t runs?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* just come back from a 3 miler and it was messed up. I ran 3 miles in 24 minutes which is bollocks *text deleted*. I have never experienced such a bad stitch in my life. I had an orange to eat 1 hour before my run and i had this stitch about 1 mile into the run. I have never pushed myself that hard because I thought I was *text deleted* spew and collapse. Does anyone know why I got a stitch, my stomach wasnt even full so I dont understand.
:push:
Advice please lads?

C

cujo

just a wild guess but maybe it's all the acids you get in oranges, *text deleted*'e always been told to eat a banana normally half hour before a workout, can't go wrong wiv a banana:cheesy:

scott-woods

Reaction score
Oranges are very acidic mate, think that plus jumping up and down would probably make most people want to spew.
Don't get discouraged, if this is just ONE run that's below your better times - there's not a problem.
Get out there do it again, and eat a banana first instead.
:)

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My 3 miler takes 26 mins now I'm still happy though because it used to take me 30-31 mins so at least I'm getting my times down. I always eat a banana 20 mins before a run and I cane lots of water before as I hate taking water with me.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the comments lads. I knew I shouldnt of had the orange *text deleted*. My 3 miles were the same Royal1. My first one was 26.50 or something like that and now its decreasing but there was 1 minute and a half in today's run compared to yesterdays and yesterday was windy *text deleted*.

But now I know to eat a banana atleast 30 minutes before I go.

Cheers lads

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea orange isnt the best food to have before a run! i would go with a bowl of pasta or bananna.
My friend who i trained with has scratched neally 4 minutes off my run. This might sound basic to most of you but he has told me to eat alot of healthy food for a couple of days before i run and it does make a real difference, i dont get tired so easy anymore.
Try it some time :Wisper:

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cant beat a nice big bowl of porridge, slow releasing goodness!

royal1 if you dont like carrying water get a camelsack!

wilzy8392

Reaction score
have a glass of water right before you start running mate, it stops the lactic acid building up so much which is what stitches are mainly caused by.