shamefull session

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Basically i joined a while back but it got deleted afteer the site went down, so if u remember me hey:fly: if not then yooo:shakehands:.

Anyways im planning to take my PRMC next year some time and if i do make it possible get on RT about september 2009 time.

I 100% want to passed so *text deleted* started training now, i would say at the momment my fitness is average, anyways *text deleted* started going gym 3 times a week doing 20min runs/jogs and after seeing every ones 1.5mile time results i decided to give it ago for the 1st time yesterday...

Ok as soon as i got on the treadmill and press start i whacked level up to 11...... 7mins pass and *text deleted* only done like 1.2k and at this point im like what the f*text deleted**... *text deleted* seen peoples result on this forum who have nearly completed it in 8mins an *text deleted* only done half a bloody mile, and also i was bit knackerd aswell (well not knackerd but was getting harder) so i deciced to stop because i though lets start practisign doing half a mile for awhile den buildd up.

So am i useless? IF there any chance of me getting decent results after a years training because at the momment looks like i got along way to go,

What level do you still the tread mill on to reach 1.5mile under 10mins?
Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Az, welcome back!

You need to start the run at over 14.4Kmh to achieve 2.4Km in 10 mins precisely. That means you have to reach that speed before you start the distance. Doubtless others will advise on what speed is best to achieve it under 10mins, allowing for acceleration from a standing start.

Don't worry about specific timings just yet, you have plenty of time to establish a consolidated training regime and improve your speeds & distances gradually - it won't happen instantly.

Good luck.

robj

Reaction score
Alright fella, welcome back *text deleted*.
Not sure what setting to have the treadmill on as they're all different. I'm pretty sure you need to run at a minimum of 15kph/ 9mph or something to complete the 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes, theres a few other posts knocking about with the exact times and settings in them.
I have to ask, are you sure it wasn't 1.2 MILES you'd done in 7 minutes? Either way you have more than enough time until your PRMC so its no big deal. You'll be amazed as to how quickly you progress once you start getting into it properly.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Relax! you've got a LONG time to get there. You could be running the 1.5 in the appropriate time in less than 6 months! The body adapts pretty fast! Just train hard.

What do you expect if you've just started training? and you've got to remember everyone starts from different levels, some may play footie every week and some may be couch potatoes; they'll be starting at different levels.

Like the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Just run a bit longer everytime you go running and in no time you'll be blazing it. :)

Good luck.

Mat

Reaction score
Dont stress about it mate, you have a huge amount of time and if your dedicated with your training and diet you will achieve your goals. I myself still have a long way to go in terms of running results, only advice id offer is set your self small realistic goals so your constantly achieving something each few weeks.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys was jus abit annoyed over my self. Im going to keep training and will get my times up

I have to ask, are you sure it wasn't 1.2 MILES you'd done in 7 minutes?

*text deleted* you know what this could be true.. i mite have to check the machine properly next time *text deleted* but i doubt it was.

Oh and another question after you guys done the 1.5mile how are you afterwards?? Like are you sweating loads? Knackerd? Or do you do it comfortable and come of with out a sweet or a twitch?

0.01%

Reaction score
Thanks guys was jus abit annoyed over my self. Im going to keep training and will get my times up

*text deleted* you know what this could be true.. i mite have to check the machine properly next time *text deleted* but i doubt it was.

Oh and another question after you guys done the 1.5mile how are you afterwards?? Like are you sweating loads? Knackerd? Or do you do it comfortable and come of with out a sweet or a twitch?

As others say mate, it's nothing to worry about and your fitness will improve if you put the hard graft in. You say you've an average level of fitness so if you train and eat well then I imagine you could be an absolute machine in 6-12 months! *text deleted*

Wouldn't worry about the sweating side of things as this varies from person to person. I personaly start to sweat early on during exercise and could well give the impression of being un-fit, but know I can keep going and feel ok....just the way some people are really. And if you feel any twitches or strains, just make sure you are warming up / down well as it makes a massive difference.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah as said just train. in a way im in the same kind of boat, well ish. on road i can get fairly decent times but when i run on the tredmil i find it so difficult, even 1.5 miles. i could get under 10 mins on road without to much difficulty but when in comes to tredmil im screwed afterwards. i prefer to have a steady running pace of 11 on the tredmil aswell but when i put it up further i start to feel what my body is going through even worse.

and yeah i sweat buckets during and after running, but thats just me, i can still give some of the really fit people i know a run for their money in certain area's (not trying to gloat or anything)

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you were in miles and were running a constant speed you would have finished <9 minutes xD

mikewebb

Reaction score
with the amount of time uv got to train you should easily get fit enuf. aslong as you dont just do nothing and let time pass..set yourself short term goals that you can work towards this will be much more motivating for you than always thinking i cant get to a certain time. im only starting my application the end of this year hopfully start RT jan sumtime n ive been training a lot already thinking it would take months n months to get my fitness up. its surprising how quickly your body adapts to your training, just stick to it and in a few months u'll be amazed. when i first started running it took me 47 minutes to do 4 miles *text deleted* shameful i know . a few months on and im down to the required 28 min mark. i find mixing up my runs has helped me a lot. run different routes and different distances keeps u motivated. to increase your speed based on 3 sessions a week id do one long run like ten miles, one mid length like 4 o 5..and then once a week start including sprint sessions..find a track or just a footy pitch in *text deleted* local park and do sprints of it, really does help your heart rate recovery. anyway blabbering on now, just stick at it n do your thanng *text deleted*
it will come.
good luck