Sharpe

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was house sitting and over the weekend have probably watched ALL the sharpe episodes as it was "sharpe weekend"... thinking about it, im sure there are alot of scenes with royal marines in...those chaps in the blue coats firing canons must be RMA... i know the RMLI wore red coats... but so did everyone else... apart from the "chosen men" of the rifles that is!

Freddles

Reaction score
Wheyy

On ukhistory? I watched that too it was endless!
even though they weren't all of them they're still doing them at weekends now i think

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
If you like Sharpe, read the Sharpe books. They're so much better than than the series. Plus, Sharpe's Trafalgar has a pretty good run down on the day to day lives of Marines in the Napoleonic Wars.

(The Sharpe Drinking game is good too. Every time Sharpe or Harper kills someone, you down a drink, every time Harper says, "God Save Ireland," you down a drink, etc. You get loaded in about five minutes.)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
If you like Sharpe, read the Sharpe books. They're so much better than than the series. Plus, Sharpe's Trafalgar has a pretty good run down on the day to day lives of Marines in the Napoleonic Wars.

(The Sharpe Drinking game is good too. Every time Sharpe or Harper kills someone, you down a drink, every time Harper says, "God Save Ireland," you down a drink, etc. You get loaded in about five minutes.)
Wasnt Sharpe a Rifleman, thus "Sharpes rifles"

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Sharpe started off as a Private in a line Redcoat Regiment, fought in India, and on his way home to join the Rifles, the merchantman he's on is captured by a French warship. The merchantman is then recaptured by a British warship, which then sets off after the French ship with Sharpe on board. The French ship joins the French and Spanish fleet, and the English ship joins Nelson's fleet. Thus, Sharpe is at Trafalgar, where he fights alongside the Marines!

I know too much about Sharpe.

roguesniper

Reaction score
read the books there better. marines also feature in sharpes seige (well in the books). other than that sharpe was a rifle and had very little involvement with the marines