Shaving my head

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Now I'm not talking bald, I will be cutting to Grade 2-3 (6-9mm) but I'm fed up of paying almost £10 for the Barber to give my hair a quick once over with the clippers.

My mum's a Dog Groomer, so I can use all her clippers/blades etc, but I'm unsure of exactly what to do!

I know it's pretty simple, but the main thing I'm worried about is, do I go with or against the hair? My hair is pretty fecked up, meaning the front half of my hair grows backwards, but the back half, grows forwards.

So if any of you save your head, is there anything I should/shouldn't be doing.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its simple to do it yourself mate, just go against your hair, just take your time and it will be ok, what ever you do, dont leave stray parts like i used to do (look in the picture topic) take yor time and everything will be fine.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I Do mine all the time mate, And im a spastic :laugh:.. Just go over your head a few times and make sure you go around your ears properly because i once went to work with these massive long tufty bits behind my ears! :doh:, Oh god was it *text deleted* funny :laugh:

I Just do a number 2 all over!, Looks class when it starts growing back.

Sam

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got rid of my hair a couple of months ago and went back to having a grade 1.

First time I had it done at the barbers for £9 but then got a set of clippers from tesco for £7 (bargain!).

As you can imagine the clippers are fairly crap but I just keep going over my hair, against the hair, until its done. Ends up looking fine, the only thing is you will need someone to give you a neck shave once in a while.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably go to the Barbers every so often for my neck, but this way I can keep going over it.

So just to check, it's okay if I go against the hair?

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I once allowed my mates to shave my head.

I had longish hair at the time. They shaved all the top of my head and the front, so it looked like I was bald with a mullet. They then threw the clippers (not mine, one of my mates) into my pond.

In retrospect, it was funny having to walk into town like that to get a haircut.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I Once got both of my eye brows shaved off!, Now that was the most embarrassing thing ever, i was absolutely out of it on booze and all my mates who were also pretty pissed up decided it would be funny to shave my eyebrows off!, Now thats cruel :laugh: :laugh: i was lucky enough i had a beany which just covered my eye brows for when i went to work, But your not allowed to wear hats at school!! It was crazy!..

Sam

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I had my eyebrows shaved once, boy was I pissed!!!

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Before:

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* off you cheeky cock :rolleyes:

I may be an ugly *text deleted**text deleted*er but I'll readily give you a good hiding when we get to Aviemore.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Gah, not trying to pose or anything just the best way to show the hair. I don't usually smile in any photos :rolleyes:

*text deleted*, I don't have a Myspace.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Much tougher looking!

Yeh might shave my head, unfortunately genetics slowly catching up with me and think the hairs jumping ship anyway *text deleted*

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh, well I already have a pretty bad receeding hairline, so might aswel start early!

I've done it shorter since that pic and it look's much better. Might go shorter still, I don't know.