She Hasn't a Clue *text deleted*

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was in P.E at school and overheard a boy and girl arguing over what the Royal Marines do and the boy said, "they were green and black camouflage and go to war." :kult: what a knob *text deleted*.

The girl said, "no they dont! They wear blue and white suits and go in the sea!"

hahaha I burst out laughing at this. Then someone says, "They were black and blue, not green and black you knob"

I couldnt bare it and walked away.

I worry about these people not knowing a part of our military and special forces. The marines have been on the telly alot recently aswell.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A*seholes with b*ll*text deleted**text deleted* opinions.

Basically.

Leave them be, god will sort them out one day.:smile:

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you have to remember they are only young still and have time to learn but they should know what is involved in the armed forces.

pain is glory.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its quite ignorant to make an opinion about someone or something if you know nothing about it.

:noworry:

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
everyone is entitled to a opinion no matter if it is right or wrong.

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ha i wouldnt worry to much becomes part of the parcel of growing up

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
everyone is entitled to a opinion no matter if it is right or wrong.

Shame really.

Should have gone and actually explained it instead of bursting into laughing fits :P Give some people an education and it'll help their tiny minds develop.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
to my surprise a lot of people dont know what the marines actually are... although i find that almost all of them are women. girls just dont seem to know what a marine is or what they do... most commonly asking me with a confussed faced whether "i would be sailing boats then"?! *text deleted*

its rare to find a man who doesnt know what a marine is... although... then of course you get the other side of the scale, where the bloke knows what a marine is... and looks at me with a look of confussion, as he doesnt see how i could get into the marines, believing i should be built like Arnold schwarzenegger to merely apply!

i know what you mean fellas, in most cases i simply say im going into the army.. as i cant be arsed to explain what the RMC are to someone who really cant understand the concept, that soliders which belong to the navy would fight on land!!

although, its always nice to find someone who does know exactly what your doing, and how he/she seems to show a deep respect and understanding for what your doing.. kinda makes up for the retrobates which you come across.

mike

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
hehe, funny stuff, but if you asked me to talk about loads of other jobs then i would be just as ignorant!

It's only because we take a keen interest in the Royal Marines that we know a bit about it!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
hehe, funny stuff, but if you asked me to talk about loads of other jobs then i would be just as ignorant!

It's only because we take a keen interest in the Royal Marines that we know a bit about it!

Yeah good point but I think the British public should atleast know a bit. Even if they said someting like, "will you get to fight in Afghanistan?" or ,"is that a soldier?"

Them questions and answers are not so bad, they should atleast have a bit of knowledge about the RM's since they are in the news quite a bit but then again, they probably dont watch the news. :noworry:

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Funny reading this. I was talking to a mate in school the other day about the marines are better trained etc then the army, a girl come up and said every soilder in afganstan that has died was marines. She said she knowed this as her brother was in the rifles. I was pissed of and fault *text deleted**text deleted* explaining and walked off.

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I told a friend who is in the Army i wanted to join the Marines.

He replied "Why do you want to join the army? It's *text deleted**text deleted*!"

I was suprised that he didn't know the difference. But like everyone else i talk to about the Marines, i just said "army" after that to save confusion, frustration, and time.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i wonder how ignorant people will be when there's a war right on our doorstep, people dont care as long as it doesnt directly affect them.

Sam87

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I knew a little bit about our armed forces. But not alot about the marines, so i took sometime to look into them a bit more.

Its a shame that people can't do the same. After all these are the people risking their lifes, so we don't have too.

Ninja Edit: Wise words

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i get this problem more or less every day... the thing i find the worst about it all though is when i tell people that are meant to mean something to me, and still after several times of in depth descriptions they still ask when im joining the army and have absolutely no idea who and what the marines are..

i hate it when people ask stupid questions and you have to constantly correct them.. its ignorance really because its true what someone was saying, until the wars at our door they dont want 2 know about anything other than whats concerning them..

pathetic really..