Shin F-thing splints

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, lets start by saying im 16. Well ive been running and start to get a pain on the top of my shin, only a little pain that i can handle. Anyway is this the start. I talked to my parents about getting running shoes etc but they say im chatting crap because im not *text deleted* be a professional runner, ffs its the marines. I try to explain to them but im a one man thing, they dont listen, so what do i do? please help guys.

Many Thanks,
Luke (Chicogiz)

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
I'd get them down to your afco *text deleted*, might be a bit embarassing but they'll talk sense to your parents about how f-ing hard you have to train and how running shoes are essential!

massey92

Reaction score
start by doing your running on a tredmill as the tredmill is more leval thn th road. massage the effected area thn streth your shins by doing toe raises. and thn add ice to your shins 2-3 times daily for 10-15 minutes. thn get some decent shoes any that have a spongy soul. ive gt a pair of air max95 nd there good for running in. but its mainly rest that mends thm they should go in around 3-4 weeks if you take it easy massey

M

MTW

airmax95s.....i couldnt even imagine a worse pair of running shoes.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
airmax95s.....i couldnt even imagine a worse pair of running shoes.

You really are an idiot! And don't have much of an imagination do you.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, even retards. At the other end of the scale, I found this review of them online, search Air Max 95 review in google.

"The Nike Air Max 95 are best ever trainer made. not only do they look really cool they are really comfortable and practically mold round your feet. they are the best shoes I have ever had to run in and I would never change them. The air soles are really good and feel like they are giving me an extra bounce as i run along."

M

MTW

You really are an idiot! And don't have much of an imagination do you.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, even retards. At the other end of the scale, I found this review of them online, search Air Max 95 review in google.

"The Nike Air Max 95 are best ever trainer made. not only do they look really cool they are really comfortable and practically mold round your feet. they are the best shoes I have ever had to run in and I would never change them. The air soles are really good and feel like they are giving me an extra bounce as i run along."

what the *text deleted**text deleted* does that have to do with imagination you thick *text deleted*?

OH YOU GOT A REVIEW ON GOOGLE! they must be good! prat.

et-adams

Reaction score
It's immensely simple to have one's run professionally examined, degrees of pronation and alignment, as well as key impact zones and stride etc.

A good company is UpandRunning, althought I think they might be exclusive to Bristol. With this information, they can recommend the perfect shoe for you. When picking one off the shelf, Nike, Adidas, whatever, the chances of getting the right shoe for you are about 1/20.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed Et-Adams is correct.

If your a half assed casual runner then don't bother, but as we are all training to get into the marines, you SHOULD get all the things checked.

And steer clear from anything with air system for stability, this is podiatrist advice. As soon as you get even the smallest hole in the air system, the stability of the shoe is compromised.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate get running shoes they helped me with mine alot and ive never had pain in my legs since, new balance or oasix trust me on this one lad good luck

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nm...drunk post

Ahahahhaaahaha

You could try running in boots... its heavy and you may get blisters, but its all good practice, you won't be wearing any trainers in the endurance course. (at least I don't think so). I recently started running my big heavy ankle support boots, makes it harder but all the more rewarding *text deleted*.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You could try running in boots... its heavy and you may get blisters, but its all good practice, you won't be wearing any trainers in the endurance course. (at least I don't think so). I recently started running my big heavy ankle support boots, makes it harder but all the more rewarding *text deleted*.
RMC recommend you don't do that mate until RT

M

MTW

Ahahahhaaahaha

*text deleted* worst suggestion to a shin spint sufferer ever!? *text deleted* but seriously, they build you up gradualy to boots, and they advise very strongly not to run in them untill RT.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you want to get a nice pair of asics, some can be expensive but i got a decent pair for 50 quid which is probably how much you'd spend on a pair of trendy trainers. Just make sure they have gel in them otherwise yeah, you're going to increase your change of getting shin splints.

M

MTW

cant stress enough that you dont *text deleted* just go any buy what somone has said is good, or what you like the look of!, go to a proper running shop, talk to them, thye should have the knowlege and equipment to check your gait, and overpronation etc, and they will recomend a shoe that will compliment yor running style, otherwise you might buy a shoe that is fo the complete oposite running style for you and end up getting injured.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! Now im thinking of getting some CLOGS to help me, NOT! *text deleted*. Anyway i live in London and dont know where a running shop is around me. Also i run in nike air-max and my own opinion is they are crap for running. Does anyone know a good running shop near greenwhich?