Shin pains :(

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did a mile jog earlier and afterwards my shins were killing, they still hurt now. I've never had shin splints before so I don't know if it is them or not but the pain is on the inside of my legs where the shin bone meets the calf muscle and it feels as if someone has put a chisel on the bone and smacked it with a hammer. Its also quite painful if I apply pressure to the area :(
I've always had a slight ache in my shins after running but I figured that it was because I had just worked them out. Recently its become more of a pain during and after running.
I have my PJFT in a few days and I don't want to cancel it as I'm confident I can still pass it even with the pain :?
Does this sound like shin splints or something else and would going to see the doctors about it help? Can't think of anywhere else local I can go to about it.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
run it through, your body will get used to it after a while, and then it will obviously stop. I had the same problem.

Tomm2024

Reaction score
Shin splints is an umbrella term that refers to a lot of possible conditions - depending on what the actual condition is depends on the treatment. Firstly, the RICE principle is always a good bet - Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation. I used rugby socks to hold ice packs on my shins for a day and that helped me.

Not a bad site: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/treating-preventing-shin-splints

Cheers,

Tom

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont listen to JK. Thats the worst advice you could ever take. Look up shin splints online,and try to figure out what type you have.Look for a good local pyshio if you want some advice without having to go to the docs,i found the docs were rubbish

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
SamForrest said:
dont listen to JK. Thats the worst advice you could ever take. Look up shin splints online,and try to figure out what type you have.Look for a good local pyshio if you want some advice without having to go to the docs,i found the docs were rubbish
Exactly right, sorry JK but thats shocking advice what what you said.

Whatever it is, the reason its hurting is because there is something wrong somewhere!!, so get it checked before you do some serious damage.

Whether it's shin splints i don't know, but i had them and decided to keep training which led to me not been able to run for 3 months and got to the point where ever i walked it hurt.

Go see a physio!!

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Found a couple of physio's I can try. Will give them a bell tomorrow.