shin Splint or sumthing else?

djcid

Reaction score
i used to get shin splints all the time over a year ago this was due to idleness and running in the worst idea of a running shoe ever. however since i got sum proper running shoes, where i was put onto a treadmill and filmed whilst running to get my perfect shoe. i have recently developed a new pain which at first i automatically asumed shin splint. but i found before if u wiggle *text deleted* foot on your toe as if *text deleted* loosening up *text deleted* shin will feel like its splintering i.e shin splint but mine just ached not splintering. have lead to assume that the muscles in the lower part of my leg have just been strained on rough terrain and now hurt when ever i am running. think i have to just keep off running ibuprofen protien and let me muscles repair before starting running again.

just think i jumped into thinkin it was shin splint and now is just a case of resting and repairing. maybe other people have jumped into thinking its shin splints? wen all it is, is pulled lower leg muscles, almost as if *text deleted* pull a peck at the gym. could ne1 correct me or has ne1 maybe realised they have the same?

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know exactly, but my shins and calves ache at the moment, but its just from hitting it hard at the gym, its the same type of feeling as having a good session doing bench press.
If you dont warm up/stretch properly, then make sure you do before and after exercise to minimise damage and body repair time, i used to never warm up but have learnt how much it helps. You shouldnt be hurting after a few days, if so then its probably more serious than just exercise ache.

Also if you are hurting you shouldnt push through it and just take pain killers, you could end up doing more damage.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
there is a disorder that means the casing around some muscle in your lower leg contracts and causes a painfull tight sensesation, needs physio to fix and can mean the end of your training for the marines, if it's really affecting you speak to your GP

djcid

Reaction score
hmmm yes my worst fear that is. have an appointment tuesday but am quite sure i have just over worked my running over a period of a week and did a big cross country run and must of just over did it.

fingers crossed for me lads.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
if it's any consolation i've got the same worry. if it is physio can help but more often than not it'll result in joining the army *sob*

djcid

Reaction score
really, then u know how am feeling. am just hoping that it isnt, as has not been happening for long. have just got my heart set on one goal as am sure u have aswel.

does urs play up all the time of just occasionally? mine can be fine but if i over do it then goto rest it.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just occaisionally so at the moment i'm hoping it's *text deleted* i haven't been warming up properly, though if it continues i'll be taking my own advice and going to GP. if it is that, it's treatable just takes a while, needs physio and discipline. let us know how it goes eh?

djcid

Reaction score
yes course will let u know tuesday afternoon. yeh think i just slacked on the old warming up and coolin down aswell. am hoping sum of us just need to take more care than others and this isnt the begining of then end. will do all it takes to continue. will tell ya what teh gp sais tuesday mate.