Shin Splints!

paddlequack

Reaction score
Duck Sake they keep coming back!!
If i create a cure i'll be rich i tell you rich!
I have my PJFT this Sunday, whats the view on putting it back a week or so?
Ninja?

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I passed my pjft with shin splints mate. However the AFCO as Ive said before wouldnt let me go on PRMC with them which i was a bit pissed off about, but there right. I had to see the navy doctor again and he told me to sit out for a month. So far Ive not been running for about 3 weeks and I cant feel a thing. If I was you Id pass my pjft and then sit out for a month. I know its *text deleted* but the last thing you want to do is go on PRMC with shin splints. My AFCO also tld me that if Id of went to Lympstone with them and they found out I had them theyd be pissed off and they wouldnt let me come back for another year. I dunno if this is true or not mabye it was just to scare me to stop running.

Tommy

Reaction score
Alright lads, I think I've got shin splints but how bad can it get and whats the best way to carry on exercising without making the problem worse?

paddlequack

Reaction score
They can lead to stress fractures if you persist to irritate the problem.
Rest and only non-impact cardio vascular work can do the trick.
It's demoralizing knowing you can't keep as fit and do the work outs you want to do but you must crack on!

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoy non impact cardio work. Im doing 40 mins on the cross trainer now on the top level and im increasing the time everytime. Its alot better than you think.

Any idea how you guys got them? For me it was doing a 9 mile run one days then a 8 mile one a couple of days after.

francis

Reaction score
Don't

I may never have had them, but my brother got medically discharged with *permantly unfit for naval training* on his papers, hes tryin to get that revoked though- it was a bummer- he got to the 28th week, and then spent a year in hunter. play safe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dolly Shin Splints a PERMANENT bar to entry? Common Training Injuries 12
PotentialBritishBootneck Shin splints Common Training Injuries 3
MotherBear Shin splints Parents & Partners 6