Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Shooting hand pains

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Simon182, May 11, 2011.

1. Simon182

Simon182 New Member

As the title suggests, I get shooting pains, almost like electric shocks on the inside of my left hand, it's just by my wrist (the muscle lower than your thumb) and only 'buzzes' when I lift something slightly weighted with my palms facing upwards.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and how to get rid of it?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Ross154

Ross154 New Member

Funny, I was reading earlier about this exact thing as I get it too. Or at least I think it's the same thing. Right in the lower middle of your palm? I get it when doing press ups sometimes (although mines in my right hand rather than left). Basically something happens to the thingy in your hand. That help at all? I can't find the website now so I'll have to try to explain using made up terminology :cheesy:. A bunch of nerves come down your arm in some tunnel thing, through your wrist and leave the tunnel at the base of your palm. Think it said there were 9 nerves in total and the pain I get, which I think you're also describing, is just a bit of tangling between them. The way it said to sort it out was to do things called "nerve glides". Put your arm out straight to your side, and slighly backwards (behind you, as if you were stretching). Palm facing forwards. Now move your wrist back till you feel the pain, then ease it forward to the point where it no longer hurts. Then go back to where it does, and forward to where it doesn't. Just keep doing that. If that descriptions no good, google it. I'm yet to know if it works or not as I only started doing them today.

3. Simon182

Simon182 New Member

Yeah, that's it, like a little electric shock, only I do it when lifting weights. Push ups are fine.

But I just tried that excercise you said, and the pain doesn't even come up anymore...I did a few 'test' reps with a dumbbell, and no pain :D
    So... Success I guess :rock:

Thank mate