Should I Start....

rmc_86

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am really looking for advice here, hopefully Ninja can give an honest AFCO opinion. I have been training for a while to try and get my weight down and times down in running. I wanted to know wether you guys think I should start the application process now or wait until I can do the 1.5 mile in under 10 mins.

I know right now I am no where near PRMC fit... I am lucky if I can do 20 Marine press up's. Just want to know if you guys think its worth while starting the ball rolling to really get my motivation up as I am finding that a pain in the &^%$ or should I wait until I am more PRMC ready?

All replies are appreciated, thanks!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
If i were you i would hold applying until you are nearly at PRMC level, because you can ask your AFCO to slow down your application which will give you more time to train and give you a kick in the backside.

if you need motivation, just imagine your the only one at PRMC that can only do 20 press-ups and you do the 1.5miler in 15 minutes *text deleted* works for me *text deleted*

:rock:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am really looking for advice here, hopefully Ninja can give an honest AFCO opinion. I have been training for a while to try and get my weight down and times down in running. I wanted to know wether you guys think I should start the application process now or wait until I can do the 1.5 mile in under 10 mins.

I know right now I am no where near PRMC fit... I am lucky if I can do 20 Marine press up's. Just want to know if you guys think its worth while starting the ball rolling to really get my motivation up as I am finding that a pain in the &^%$ or should I wait until I am more PRMC ready?

All replies are appreciated, thanks!

Hello mate,

I Myself would personally wait till your fitness and strength is improved, I Wouldn't rush going into sending your application off yet, Theres no rush mate!. You will feel more confident when you can do the exercises they want you to do with no problems!, You AFCO asks you to only send the application off when you are fully ready and have been training for a good while!, Practice makes perfect mate!..

All the best!
Sam

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"if you need motivation, just imagine your the only one at PRMC that can only do 20 press-ups and you do the 1.5miler in 15 minutes *text deleted* works for me *text deleted*" (QUOTE)

I'd rather visualise I was the only guy on PRMC who could do 100 press-ups and a sub 8-min 1.5 mile. You should have a greater need to acheive success than to avoid failure