Should I taper like it's PRMC for ROP?

Was You

Reaction score
Hi all, with ROP being quite new and seen as building recruits up to the tests over 4 weeks of training, how should one train themselves shortly prior to ROP?
Would it be necessary to taper if load isn't going to be high on the first few days or is it best to peak by tapering for 2/3 weeks?

Polo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really know for sure, but my I think you need to be hitting the PRMC standards before entry, but looking at other posts, ease back on the high intensity stuff in case you get a training injury in the last week or two before starting. Hopefully @Royal2010 will advice.

Royal2010

Commando Training Wing & Drill Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all, with ROP being quite new and seen as building recruits up to the tests over 4 weeks of training, how should one train themselves shortly prior to ROP?
Would it be necessary to taper if load isn't going to be high on the first few days or is it best to peak by tapering for 2/3 weeks?
If all you are doing is press ups, sit ups and pull ups then there's no need to taper with those. Do as many as you can at all times because you will be doing an awful lot down at CTCRM. Maybe the weekend prior to joining take the foot off the gas.
Running wise- again you should be hitting the old PRMC standard with relative ease as a minimum in order for you to be ready.
In ROP you will be training at sub-maximal anyway so there's no need to taper like mad prior to joining.
Use common sense, listen to your body but push your self.

Best of luck.