Should i?

RH

Reaction score
Ive got a tough decision at the moment. My 6th form senior prom is coming up and if i pass pjft then it looks like my prmc will fall around then. I also have exams after my prom for about 4 weeks. Would it be best to miss my prom and go to prmc before exams therefore i have more time to revise etc orrr would you wait till after exams and try and juggle between fitness and revision.
Decisions decisions

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
would you wait till after exams and try and juggle between fitness and revision.
Decisions decisions

looks like you have an option to do one thing before your exmas prom or prmc, but after your exams you will have to juggle revision i wouldn't like to do both at the same time, thats just me. unless how long after these exams are your next ones???? because if they were a while away you could have a better chance of juggling them, if it is a short time then i would do PRMC instead of prom.

CJ

RH

Reaction score
yeah my exams are quite close together so i think i shud screw prom and do prmc. thanks for the advice mate :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to be contrary:

Academics come first without a doubt. You can join the Royal Marines up until your 32nd birthday, but it's bloody hard trying to take further exams whilst you're in full-time employment. The trick is to get as qualified as possible BEFORE you join.

Lympstone shuts down for training for the best part of August anyway.

Soooo: defer your PRMC until after your last exam- a good way to revise is to swot, then do your phys - both complement each other & you will find the exercise helps you concentrate. The swotting needs an antidote to free the mind- exercise.

This way you perform well during your exams, stop your best mate nicking your bird at the prom & still pass PRMC in time to have a summer holiday before you start Recruit Training in September & get a good start before you go on leave.

Sorted.

greenlid

Reaction score
You can always do you're PRMC at a later date but do you want to spend a whole year doing A-Levels again?

RH

Reaction score
good point green lid
i think ill follow your advice ninja and wait till after exams and have a good holiday visiting my family in america during the summer
Thanks again peopele

Aussie89

Reaction score
Id wait until after exams for your prmc. good luck with whatever you decide to do

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate, my opionion is your young, prom is one of those things and exams you should do, esspecial if there that close, ask to do your prmc after your exams, that way you can go to prom, (get F*text deleted**ed, in more ways than one *text deleted*) do your exams have a good time, then do the prmc.

It will give you a bit more time to train, you get some quals and still get to do the prmc! I think thats your winning option matey! but thats just what I'd do!

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, go your prom, i know lads that didn't go to ours, they regret it. PRMC can be moved a few weeks, you get one prom.