Should I

Aussie89

Reaction score
Be running and swimming every day. At the moment i am becuase its all i can manage with work and uni but not sure if its ok. I vary distances was just wondering what everyone thought

riz

Reaction score
hi mate, i found that when you run and swim everyday it eventually takes its toll on you and can burn you out. The best way is to run 1,5 to 2 mile 2-3 times a week and swim twice a week, it helps your body recover.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah in CV training (and weight training for that matter) rest days are just as important as exercise days...

need to let the body recover to improve eventually

plus i feel better when i start again after a rest day, and can usually do more, and maybe acheive a personal best in something (pressups, 1.5miles etc)

:bud:

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
All the advice I've got, is that I should be running 25-30 miles a week...

Mat

Reaction score
I would say stick to 3-4 times a week, include some rest days as Charlie says they are important. I often worry I am doing too much with too little rest so I try to make sure I have plenty of lazy time. Currently since starting up running again im running twice in the week and twice on the weekends which as a total ends up being about 3 hours of running since the two in the week are 30 mins each and the weekend runs are for 60 mins each. I think that its doing me pretty well so far but soon ill have to test myself on some distances to get a measure of where I am. So just mix it up a bit and allow adequate time to recover.

Shibby

Reaction score
i always find it really difficult to force myself to have a rest day, as you get more and more motivated to train and feel yourself getting fitter, you feel guilty for having time off, but i always end up overtraining and having a week or so off tio recover, i guess everyones different but you definately need some time off every week, even if you spend the day walking.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i feel the same, im on a rest day at the moment and i feel i should be doing something, and the most annoying bit of it all is that i started to really enjoy my training, as i finally found some sort of routine that works for me and that i will follow