Showers..

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
How exactly do you shower on your PRMC? If there can be upto 50+ of you.. and there's 4 showers.. Any tips? *text deleted*. Also when they say you have to be awake at 5.45 (for example) would it be okay to get up at 5.15 and shower early?

Ash

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You have about two or three minutes each to shower- you get used to it. Top tip is to get up early before the hot water runs out! You will be surprised how many times per day you need to have a shower.

Once in training there's more showers but you still have to wash quickly & move on to the next evolution rapidly.

If you ever serve on a submarine, you'll learn to wash thoroughly & quickly (you would be amazed how many people cannot wash properly):
Water on, get wet, water-off, soap on & lather, water on, rinse, finish...90 seconds & less than 5 litres of water used.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I was at PRMC it was in for 10 seconds, get yourself wet, stand back and soap up so someone else can get wet. Then you go back under the water to get rinsed, and then dry yourself. Whole process shouldn't last more than a couple of minutes.

And I wouldn't recommend getting up early. Our room got up about 30 minutes before we were told to and we got a bollocking from the corporals.

steve.3

Reaction score
on my prmc they were freezing cold, the corprals respons was shut ure bitchen dont u see us using the same showers this was mid jan so dunno if they fixed them yet? with them being cold it helps with having them quick, in wet out soap up in rinse out try to find ure jiblets

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ha ha if anyone wants to be up before your prmc corporal then fair play, do so at your own risk ... when they say up at 5.30am they dont mean a minute before or after ....

The showers on prmc work on a feed system from a boiler, meaning the more showers in use at one time the more likely it is for hot water to be fed through from the boiler. But to be honest while everyone loves a hot shower (god knows i do *text deleted*), does it really matter whether you get one or not?! As mackie said your under it for literally 10/15secs each time you get wet so you'll not even get the chance to appreciate it lads.

Though thats just my two cents worth.

Shiloh.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I got some wicked advice.

Dont drop the soap!