Sift interview knowledge requirements (possibly for Ninja)

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by mocoo1994, Oct 8, 2011.

1. mocoo1994

mocoo1994 New Member

I'll probably have my sift interview for the royal marines officer in the next few months, so I thought I best start preparing early. I'm just wandering what I need to know for the interview, I'm not too interested in the personal/lifestyle/hobbies questions I'm more interested in what you need to know regarding current affairs the royal navy and the royal marines.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a list of all the knowledge you need to know, and tell me where I can find it

Thankyou very much

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

There's a fair few threads floating around on the subject (below)

What tends to happen is RM Officer applicants neglect to revise outside of 3 Commando Brigade.

The things you need to be able to do is recognises types of warship, submarines and aircraft operated by the RN (silhouette & photographs) , together with their weapons and sensors, names of Key players in the RN, etc.

Witrh regard current affairs, it isn't specifically assessed however an awarenwess of UK foreign policy & military involvementwould be prudent, together with an awareness of non-miltary topics, names of the Defence Ministers etc.,

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=43692&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=39138&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=41745&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=40553&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=39022&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=38364&highlight=sift+interview[/URL]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Duff1996

Duff1996 Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Wow, this is reviving an old thread! @Ninja_Stoker , the links in this post look helpful but appear invalid. Are there any links that work with specific SIFT advice that are a bit more up to date?

Thanks, Duff

• Like Like x 1
  4. HalB12

HalB12 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB