SIKH Teenager wins bangle battle

J

Jason_A

I'd like to express my views on this news story: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1483955.ece

------------------------

As our country gone totally insane? I fear for our country, and it kills me to say that. I was under the impression that no jewelery is allowed. Yet, because she is of a different race, we have to allow her to wear jewelery. Are we really going to let these people take over our country? We certainly can't go to their country and wear shorts and a t-shirt. Hmm... maybe I should go to court about wearing my bracelet. Obviously, because I'm not of a different race, I don't stand a chance. I'm not racist, but this news story sickens me.

We need to stand up to them -- our government is scared of saying no because they fear they will be called racist. To be honest, I couldn't care what they think, this is our country, and they will obey our laws. We are basically letting them rewrite our laws -- we need to make a stand -- and now! I guess Enoch Powell was right with his Rivers of Blood speech. ;)

I'm sorry if this topic disturbs some people, but I have to express my opinions on this topic. I'm not being racist, nor am I racist -- but this really is a joke and beyond reality.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you've written.

There are many things they do, that I do not agree to, but I think if BNP got into power, they would sort a lot of this mess out.

For the record: Nor am I racist

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The bracelet is a symbol of her faith not her race and under the and the ruling was decided or her rights of religion not her race. If you adopt a faith and are discriminated against it does not matter what race you are you are protected by those laws which is a good thing.

However i have to say on a personal note, i highly doubt she is truthfully a Punjabi Sikh girl but more a moronic child that sought only attention from this court case.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Most things,
like the Mr T advert and others,
are stupid,
but I think this is different,
as long as everyone's race is taken into account,
if you're Christian then you should be allowed to wear a chain with a crucifix,
and as she is Sikh she should be able to wear that bangle thing.

Although she might just be doing it for attention,
she is right,
that's like asking a Sikh man to talk his turban off when he walks into school because you can't wear hats,
that's bang out of order.

Them Muslim veil things are a different matter though,
they shouldn't be allowed to wear them,
as they don't have to,
I went to turkey for 2 weeks,
and I didn't see one of those,
I saw the ones where you can see their whole face,
but they're not the issue.

Joe

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think the law should stay the same no matter what religeon because in my opinion all religeons are full of lies used to control people

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't religion just a personal belief though?

If someone dyes their hair blue, and is not religious, gets banned from having blue hair at schools, is this fair?

Your right though, the government does need to stand up more. A climate has been created where people are not even allowed to express their moderate views and we are plagued by political correctness.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yep think I might make my own religion *text deleted* would be more believable than virgin Mary

Reaction score
I totally agree with what you've written.

There are many things they do, that I do not agree to, but I think if BNP got into power, they would sort a lot of this mess out.

For the record: Nor am I racist

You're kidding right?
The BNP are a disgrace to Britain. If they came into power I would leave, simple as that. The climate they would create would not be beneficial to Britain in the least.

On this issue in particular it's sensitive. I think the school should have let her wear it to begin with. It's not loud garish jewelry, but a symbol of her religion. It is slightly different.

And R.M Pitt disagree with religion fine, but phrases like "Yep think I might make my own religion *text deleted* would be more believable than virgin Mary" are hardly helpful are they? Try and have an ounce of tact mate.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I worded my oiginal post about BNP wrong. Like I said, I disagree with most of the things they do, but there are one or two points which would e benificial to Britain, at least, more so than what's going on at the moment.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Most things,
like the Mr T advert and others,
are stupid,
but I think this is different,
as long as everyone's race is taken into account,
if you're Christian then you should be allowed to wear a chain with a crucifix,
and as she is Sikh she should be able to wear that bangle thing.

Although she might just be doing it for attention,
she is right,
that's like asking a Sikh man to talk his turban off when he walks into school because you can't wear hats,
that's bang out of order.

Them Muslim veil things are a different matter though,
they shouldn't be allowed to wear them,
as they don't have to,
I went to turkey for 2 weeks,
and I didn't see one of those,
I saw the ones where you can see their whole face,
but they're not the issue.

Joe

Those Muslim veil things piss me right off, what would happen if everyone decided to go shopping in camo and balaclavas one day, there would be uproar. It *text deleted**text deleted*s me off because I've walked in shops and been told to make my hat off for the cameras while muslim women have been walking round with their whole bodies covered, that's a *text deleted**text deleted*in piss take.

This thing with the Sikh girl pisses me off purely for the fact that it is news.... With all the *text deleted**text deleted* going on in the world, a *text deleted**text deleted*ing school can't handle this *text deleted**text deleted* on it's own.

I'm not anti religion but religion is the biggest problem in the world today. It causes the most wars and the most *text deleted**text deleted*.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's the religion causing the problems IN THIS COUNTRY, it's how our goverment treats it. Too many pussys scared to say anything because they'll get called racist so it's the hard working British public that get screwed over. Thats my opinion anyway.

smallzy

Reaction score
I'd like to express my views on this news story: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1483955.ece

------------------------

As our country gone totally insane? I fear for our country, and it kills me to say that. I was under the impression that no jewelery is allowed. Yet, because she is of a different race, we have to allow her to wear jewelery. Are we really going to let these people take over our country? We certainly can't go to their country and wear shorts and a t-shirt. Hmm... maybe I should go to court about wearing my bracelet. Obviously, because I'm not of a different race, I don't stand a chance. I'm not racist, but this news story sickens me.

We need to stand up to them -- our government is scared of saying no because they fear they will be called racist. To be honest, I couldn't care what they think, this is our country, and they will obey our laws. We are basically letting them rewrite our laws -- we need to make a stand -- and now! I guess Enoch Powell was right with his Rivers of Blood speech. ;)

I'm sorry if this topic disturbs some people, but I have to express my opinions on this topic. I'm not being racist, nor am I racist -- but this really is a joke and beyond reality.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Religion has caused so many problems throughout the existence of man, from one belief to another it is a large cause of seperation, hurt, death and suffering throughout this tiny world that we live in.

I personally do not believe in God or variations of the creation, but im not saying there isnt one, just that as far as i see it there is no truly solid evidence to back up the theory of an almighty being. Plus if there is a God then only one of the religions can be right. I do love all these stories of religion even though i know little about so many of them, but it seems silly that many will base there lives upon literature which is clearly so outdated, technology and the mental mind has evolved, the aethiests it seems, are the few who see things as they truly are without clouded judgement.

There are parts of religion which anyone can practise, the simple values of being nice to everyone and treating others how you should be treated etc, there is nothing wrong with this. But it seems as though religion has become too much of a scapegoat for many and an easy way out, just a way to get what you want.

As i see it i have no problem with people believing in what ever they want to, we should be able to be who we are in this day and age, but what i dont like are people who try and force there religion down your throat and tell you this is right and this is wrong, everyone is allowed their own opinion. Believe in what you will but keep it within your own life and don't try and change others.

I do not aim to offend only express, even though i do not practise a religion myself i do fully support anyone who does have beliefs, aslong as it does not hurt those around them. Beliefs are a good thing, i just dont have one :weird:

anyway, im done, religion is a touchy subject and maybe this bit wasnt suited for this thread, i needed a rant of some sort as its been a long day and some old guy locked his bike to mine so i got home late :(

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I try and follow buddhism as it is more a philosophy on life than do good things or you will be punished.... I find religious people generally live in fear. They live in fear of going to hell or not pleasing their God. Not a good way to live *text deleted*.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not anti religion but religion is the biggest problem in the world today. It causes the most wars and the most *text deleted**text deleted*.
:iagree: I think religion is involved in almost every war.
Going to War over Religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend... (Sorry if that offends anyone)

Really annoys me how British troops aren't even aloud to wear their uniforms as well
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/br..._afghanistan_not_allowed_to_wear_their_unifo/

British soldiers told to take uniform of in hospital incase it offends anyone
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/02/angry-muslim-confronts-british-soldier-in-his-hospital-bed/

I feel sorry for the muslim community though as it is only a minority of people who give them a bad name

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh i think you dont need a religion to be good, just be a cool person and enjoy life.
But that reminds me of family guy, the house of Fonze, hes cool.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
it's funny because every religion has the golden rule.

Treat others the same as you want to be treated.

Yet no-one does. People who fight because of religion seriously need their heads checked though, do they really believe that their God wants them killing other human beings.

When I was at school the R.E. teacher asked me about religion and what i thought etc. Anyway I started questiong god and all that, because why should i just belive what I'm told ? ... and she couldn't say any more to me then I believe in God because I have faith. What the *text deleted**text deleted* does that mean ? I said I don't believe in God because there's no proof of Gods existence ?

People believe what they believe because that's the way they were brought up. You don't find muslim kids popping up in Christian families who've raised their kids to be Christians and vice versa.

The only time people really change religions is if they're life is *text deleted**text deleted*, like they're in jail and find GOD/Whoever as a saviour etc.

It does get me all riled up talking about this because I can talk to religious people and see their point of view and I can adapt and get into their way of thinking but if you ever try annd explain that Maybe just maybe they've got it wrong... the conversation will turn nasty. I spose it's telling them that everything they've ever believed isn't true... well it's more just trying to free their mind and think ...

Anyway I'm sure we were talking about a sikh girl and a bracelet but I guess i got sidetracked and went off on a tangent ...

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously wounded soldiers have complained that they are worried about their safety after being left on wards that are open to the public at Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham.
On one occasion a member of the Parachute Regiment, still dressed in his combat uniform after being evacuated from Afghanistan, was accosted by a Muslim over the British involvement in the country.
“You have been killing my Muslim brothers in Afghanistan,” the man said during a tirade.
Because the soldier was badly injured and could not defend himself, he was very worried for his safety, sources told The Daily Telegraph.

thats just wrong.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Showing a touch of my age, but when I was at school she would have got the cain for that stunt.

Trouble is that these things are not religous symbols. They are symbols that people suddenly decided to wear and no text is found in any religous scripture for them.

Plus did you see the size of the fat cow, she's 14! She may aswell stay and that court and start to sue McDonalds whilst she's there, although it might be a religous command to be a fat *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**.

New Threads