Simulation?

matt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got to the point now where I've been training hard for a while and have a good all round level of fitness. But what I'd like to do is to start to make my training more geared towards passing the PRMC. Obviously this isn't difficult with Day 1 - I have the bleep test on CD, and regularly do the press-up/sit-up/pull-up test.
The problem is Day 2 - I'd like to come up with a training programme that better prepares me for the demands of the Assault Course and Determination Test, and Gym Test 2 (other than just long aerobic workouts).
So I wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Or if anyone who has done the PRMC has any advice/tips?

Cheers

Matt.

paddlequack

Reaction score
Find yourself a gym that does circuit training/spinning classes, and rag yourself rotten.
Punish yourself for every poor effort attempt you do at a situp or anything by doubling what you missed/poor attempted.
Determination test is something you can't prepare for, just have an awesome level of fitness and self discipline.

mlewis123

Reaction score
matt,

Because you can't actually simulate the assault course or gym test 2 I would advise doing alot of circuit training and sprints.

If you have a steep hill near you then what I would advise is going there and doing circuits, maybe something like;

25 Push-ups
25Sit-ups
1min Plank

Sprint up and down the hill 3+ times (depending on fitness)

25 Squats
25 Burpees
25 Squat thrusts

Sprint up and down the hill 3+ times (depending on fitness)

Then repeat as many times as you can.
(just do it on a field if you dont have a hill and feel free to add to this where you feel necessary)
You want to thrash your legs as much as possible, because of all the sprints and jumping over things you'll be doing it will really help.

Try and do loads of pull ups too as it will just make life easier on the assualt course.

Other than that just go with a Possitive Mental Attitude

Good luck mate

When is your PRMC?

Matt.

matt

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

At the moment I include hill sprints in my training, but I don't include burpee's and press-ups etc with them - so I'll definitely be giving that a go!

I guess I can't be as specific as I'd like to be with my training for the PRMC, so like you say, I'll work hard to get the best level of fitness I can, and try to mentally prepare for being pushed to my limits. ("you can't crack me, I'm a rubber duck" comes to mind...) :)

I'm hoping to get a place on a PRMC at the end of November - I have my interview on Wednesday, so I'll have more of an idea if thats possible then.