Sit-up routines

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I started the 100 pushup routine this week, and was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that has a similar workout for your situps?

I could probably work one out using the method for the 100 pressups, but if anyone has a direct link to one then I wouldn't have to!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just keep banging them out mate....they come on nice and quick.

not like press ups

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
very true! press ups take a lot of time to work on sit ups on the other hand just keep banging them out and within a few weeks 80 in two minutes will be achievable presuming your at a good level already

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*deleted as posted twice*text deleted* :eek:ops:

the_robmeister

Reaction score
What would you consider a good level already? With my PRMC coming up so quick, sit ups are the only thing im really worried about :(

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Rob as long as *text deleted* reaching along the lines of 60+ then thts comfortable mate!

Maself my own routine is:

80 marines technique situps as fast as possible
40 side crunches
30 crunches

3 sets of then mayb extra 50 to cap it off at 500 depend how i feel

and dont think im kidding *text deleted* im really not its where hard work gets ya!

SoM

rab1

Reaction score
Monday- up at 5am quick breakfast 8km run (run outdoors) with weights about 15kg or a few bricks ! Night training back and biceps I prefer strenghth training but its really optional to what suits , lat pull downs 2 warm up sets 8-12reps one working set to failure. Pull ups 3x8. Bicep curl 2 warm up sets 8-12 warm up 1 working set to failure. Deadlifts 6sets x8 watch form or its a injury waiting to happen. Seated rows 2 warm ups one working as above. Bicep super set start at top weight an progress down to the smallest weights possible. Pull ups to failure.

Tuesday- 5am rise 8km run again with weights 15kg. Night training chest and triceps. Bench press 3x12 reps, press ups 5x35 decline bench press 3x12. Tricep kick backs 3x12. Incline bd raises 3x12. Ropes crosses 3x12. Tricep dips 3x20

Wednesday-5am rise run 8km with the weights 15kg. Night training abs- 5x20 sit ups, 5x20 medicine ball crunches, 5x20 crunches, side crunches 5x15 each side, rockys 5x8 (google it) 3x20 reverse crunches. Sit ups-failure

Thursday-5am rise 8km run with weights 15kg - night training the dreaded legs, squats3x12, lunges with weights 3x12, squat jumps 3x20, leg raises 3x12, hamstring curls 3x12 leg press 3x12

Friday-5am rise 8km run with weights- night training cardio I personally love the punch bag 45 seconds everything you've got 45 seconds rest for 30 mins, skipping 1min skipping 30 seconds rest for 30mins.

Saturday- optional run depending if I'm sore- about 4pm hit the pool for some swimming about 30 lenghths break it up between breast stroke front crawl and butterfly,

Sunday- get some rest !!

This is a slightly more advanced regime but beware over training if your body is sayin stop give it a rest make sure to eat plenty and healthy and there's always supplements if that's your thing !

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
this thread goes back to 2007 my friend, you'd be better off posting this on the post your routine sticky