Sit up technique changed?

Broadsword55

Reaction score
So I did the RMFA very recently and passed but during it the sit up technique was changed from having fingers on your temples and swinging your elbows forwards and back to keeping your hands locked on the opposite shoulder/ chest (like you would going down the evacuation slide on a plane) and lifting your elbows over your knees. Is this the new technique or was it a one off event? If it is technique it would be useful for any budding candidates to practice in that manor.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
So I did the RMFA very recently and passed but during it the sit up technique was changed from having fingers on your temples and swinging your elbows forwards and back to keeping your hands locked on the opposite shoulder/ chest (like you would going down the evacuation slide on a plane) and lifting your elbows over your knees. Is this the new technique or was it a one off event? If it is technique it would be useful for any budding candidates to practice in that manor.
Potentially. I did my PJFT a few months back so it might be a fairly recent change. How'd you do in your RMFA anyway and how was ROP?

Broadsword55

Reaction score
Potentially. I did my PJFT a few months back so it might be a fairly recent change. How'd you do in your RMFA anyway and how was ROP?
I never really remember the bad stuff at all so I’ve forgotten the whole thing. Actually it was alright, good phys pushing myself. Just not nice at the time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Sit up technique POC Section 9
M Sit-up technique Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 0
Dalton2250 Sit-Ups Technique Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 18