Sit ups to a bleep

Living!

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Basically been using the YouTube video for the bleeps when doing sit ups, however I have found that the bleeps a way to quick as I'm literally banging my head down on the ground every time I do a sit up due to the sheer pace it goes at with doing correct form, I know that it hasn't been used yet on a PRMC but surely they will lower the rate of it as I struggle to keep to the bleep from fresh

B

bharry96

Basically been using the YouTube video for the bleeps when doing sit ups, however I have found that the bleeps a way to quick as I'm literally banging my head down on the ground every time I do a sit up due to the sheer pace it goes at with doing correct form, I know that it hasn't been used yet on a PRMC but surely they will lower the rate of it as I struggle to keep to the bleep from fresh
hmmm i found it easier for sit ups. i can do much more before getting tired. but press ups in 2 mins i can bang out 60 no problem but with the bleep now i struggle to do 40! its definitely made things more difficult

Living!

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see how candidates do on the gym tests now, I had my PRMC briefing today and my CA wasn't even aware that the gym tests were now done to a bleep

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm the same, stuggle to keep pace with the beep when it gets to 40+

B

bharry96

i guess as long as you get near half of each exercise max you may be ok. all of the 4 criteria test are out of 100 points (i presume seeing as on the breif it says gym session is a max of 400 points) so 30 push ups, 42-43 sit ups and 8 pull ups will get you 150 points and then you only need 30 points to pass. which can be gained on the vo2 max or by getting a few more reps with each test. what do you think?

Zilla

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the beeps made sit ups easier to be honest, tested myself twice and got 85 both times, press ups on the other hand...

mati120

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think the trick with the beep on the pressups is just your form. Keep your core nice and tight and Inhale on the negative part of the movement and really exhale on the positive.

What happens if you pause for a beep do they stop your score there?

Frankie11

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Barely getting 30 pushups to the beep, managed 50 without it the other day, will try situps to the beep in the gym soon.

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've also noticed on sit ups its a lot harder the closer you put you bum to your heels, dunno if that's cause I'm tall or not

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely need to try with the bleeps, I was getting good progression from gainers as well!

Living!

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Basically say you csn do 3x 30 pressups, them the next day you do 31x3 press ups and then 32x3 and just keeping adding a rep every day

mati120

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody have the link for the video for the bleep for the sit ups? I've been using the Sean lerwill video on YouTube but I've just noticed it's actually 3 minutes long not 2

B

bharry96

Does anybody have the link for the video for the bleep for the sit ups? I've been using the Sean lerwill video on YouTube but I've just noticed it's actually 3 minutes long not 2
because of the bleep the test is extended. It use to be 2 mins to do as much as you can. Now with the bleep its just a case of keeping up for 3 mins. if you get what i mean.

mati120

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Okay so it's no longer 2 minutes its just a case of keeping up with the beeps. That's easier. Cheers mate

an alias

Reaction score
Im in the same position, can just about keep up with the beeps but my form is shocking