Sit ups

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How do you guys anchor yourselves when doing them as I don’t have much I can do it. Thinking of putting a few weights in a bag then dumping that on my feet.

Also, on PRMC is it elbows touch the TOP or SIDE of knees as I have seen both been done on the PRMC videos

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I anchor my feet using the bottom of my sofa.

I’ve always wondered the same actually, but I always train for my elbows to touch the little area between your knee cap and the part of the quad that runs inwards of the thigh if that makes sense, so yes basically the top not the side.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just put my feet under anything that can support my weight properly, and on my last RMAD they pulled anyone off the sit ups that didn’t touch the top of their knees

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t use anything to support myself, it seems easier supported so my thinking was if I can get to 85 unsupported 85 supported on the day should be comfortable. Would love to know if I’ve miscalculated though?

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t use anything to support myself, it seems easier supported so my thinking was if I can get to 85 unsupported 85 supported on the day should be comfortable. Would love to know if I’ve miscalculated though?

I always end up flailing around whenever I try them unsupported. Can’t do them for the life of me

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I anchor my feet using the bottom of my sofa.

I’ve always wondered the same actually, but I always train for my elbows to touch the little area between your knee cap and the part of the quad that runs inwards of the thigh if that makes sense, so yes basically the top not the side.
I just put my feet under anything that can support my weight properly, and on my last RMAD they pulled anyone off the sit ups that didn’t touch the top of their knees
I use my radiator in my room

Ok cheers lads
And how often do you guy do them? *text deleted* I’m going gainers for press ups and pull ups and that seems to be working well
I used to do planks 4 times a week which got me to 70 sit ups. but that’s becoming increasing difficult to hold 3 sets of 5 min planks and at the end of the day they say “practise what you preach” so I’ll statt doing specific sit up training. So how often do you do sit ups?

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I do gainers Monday-Friday then RMFA every Sunday

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also to add to this I now do gainers with a 10kg vest and have been for about a month.
I used to do them just bodyweight and I eventually plateaued because the workout would take too long and I started to get bored.
I’d do like 45-45-45 press ups and it’d just bore the life out of me.
Put a 10kg vest on and I’m doing 21-21-20 tonight, really helps to build that next level of strength, same principle for sit ups and pull ups, but increase the pull up reps every week rather than every day.
I’ve been doing gainers as a whole for about 8 or 9 months now and i’ve had brilliant results, if you have the time and dedication to stick to them properly, then they do work.

Last edited:

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah same mate I’m doing gainers for pres ups and pull ups seems to be working well I’m on 36-36-36 and 9-9-9 but do you find that as you get into higher reps you need longer rest times?

I reckon I’ll start doing sit up gainers as well

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah same mate I’m doing gainers for pres ups and pull ups seems to be working well I’m on 36-36-36 and 9-9-9 but do you find that as you get into higher reps you need longer rest times?

I reckon I’ll start doing sit up gainers as well

I got stuck on 40-40-40 for press ups for ages so I kept at that for a week and then increased them.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got stuck on 40-40-40 for press ups for ages so I kept at that for a week and then increased them.

Did you guys do gainers morning and evening or just once a day? As I have little time in the morning and I do press ups and pull ups in the morning but I dunno if I’ll be able to squeeze in sit ups

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did at first, but I dont now because I get DOMS sometimes after just one

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did you guys do gainers morning and evening or just once a day? As I have little time in the morning and I do press ups and pull ups in the morning but I dunno if I’ll be able to squeeze in sit ups

I do them 3-4 times a week and an RMFA twice a week to test my maxes.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Try situps supported in the correct RM manner. If you do them unsupported more emphasis is placed on the abs, and less on the hip flexor. You may find it harder or easier? But I'd definitely try it out just in case you get caught out.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Try situps supported in the correct RM manner. If you do them unsupported more emphasis is placed on the abs, and less on the hip flexor. You may find it harder or easier? But I'd definitely try it out just in case you get caught out.

Just tried them supported got 85 to he Bleep. Well chuffed!