Site going offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john lewis

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Curious as to why the site will be going offline?

HalB12

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Extremely saddened by this news. Is there no way this decision can be changed.

VerlorenHoop

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The email says there will be an explanation posted - all I can say is it had better be good. Lurking this site has been endlessly helpful and I'm upset by the news.

If we're speculating (and God knows we are) I would imagine that someone from a more powerful forum would like to absorb/bring into line the various discussions had here. Either that, or someone wants to replace it with a less good, but officially-sanctioned version. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mr D

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
"Site going permanently off line" sorry if this is a bone Q, but does this mean that it will NOT be possible to access the info on here at all?, if so is there any possibility that it's content could be archived or similar, be a shame to lose all the data on these boards.

Banshee

Reaction score
"Site going permanently off line" sorry if this is a bone Q, but does this mean that it will NOT be possible to access the info on here at all?, if so is there any possibility that it's content could be archived or similar, be a shame to lose all the data on these boards.
You will be able to read until September

Harsh

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think we should just wait for an explanation, might not spell the end!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score

Good point, I know Ninja is going to post something later on about this so I won't say overly all that much.

Regarding why the data will not be visible, this would be more to do with the fact that things change all the time in selection. What we don't want is people saying that level 11 on the bleep test is fine, when they may have just upped it to level 12 or something after the forum has ceased being posted to. Obviously that is an extreme but that's the kind of thinking behind it.

I'll leave the rest to Ninja to fill in the blanks later.

HalB12

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If he is, we will hold a petition outside Naval HQ until he is reinstated!!

He must single handledly be responisble for a high percentage of successful applicants nationwide!!
Could we actually do an online petition.. Doings feesible to me.

Banshee

Reaction score
If he is, we will hold a petition outside Naval HQ until he is reinstated!!

He must single handledly be responisble for a high percentage of successful applicants nationwide!!
Might be he's choice to retire. But I see a high increase in failing prmc when the forum is gone

Banshee

Reaction score
Good point, I know Ninja is going to post something later on about this so I won't say overly all that much.

Regarding why the data will not be visible, this would be more to do with the fact that things change all the time in selection. What we don't want is people saying that level 11 on the bleep test is fine, when they may have just upped it to level 12 or something after the forum has ceased being posted to. Obviously that is an extreme but that's the kind of thinking behind it.

I'll leave the rest to Ninja to fill in the blanks later.
Surely the forum doesn't have to go because of that? It's used for more then just finding out what the requirements for prmc are

Nathan100101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was going to say make a Facebook group for those currently on here but without a doubt the training teams will be watching

blindman3004

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
very sad! great resource this forum... alternatives to this forum? navy net comes to mind..

Sendit

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't want to speculate to much before the official response is given. But I remember last September on my prmc we were brought into a lecture room so some developers could ask us question and give them ideas on how to get information out to potential recruits. And obviously this forum came up during the discussion. After speaking to us they realised how popular the forum was and the vibe i got was that they were looking to incorporate it in whatever they made, due to this being the main source of Info for potential recruits. It seemed like they were looking at creating an official forum or app etc. Don't quote me on that though, I have no idea how far the development went but it would be interesting to see whether or not it is related

Harsh

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you set the the group to hidden only people with the link could join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads