SITUP routine

Reaction score
has anyone got a rough situp workout you could share with me, i think its the only thing that i leave out of my routine....how many situps/reps/times a week, are crunches good to include etc....thanks

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey mate
i've recently started an ab workout that guarantees to kill you ;) and you'll have no prob working your situps when tested.
every other day ( so make sure you let your abs rest a day after each workout )
so heres your set for each day:
90° crunches --50 reps x 2
knees to chest-- 25 x 2
elbows to knees -- 20 x 2
hanging leg raises --15 x 2

that should get your abs hurting in a good way and in good shape for your tests.
also if you have one of the gymnastic swiss balls and do your crunches on those, just regular ones u can switch them out with the 90° ones, could be a bit better because with the swiss ball you use a lot more of your abs, you train more areas for some reason.
hope it helped mate, any more questions just hit me up.

Reaction score
exactly what i was looking for :praise:, regular situps get so boring which is why ive neglected them in my routine but this looks like it mixes things up nicely

i have my PRMC on the 28th Oct so this should get me to where i need to be in no time, i usually can do 70 regular in the 2 minutes but that is hanging out at the end and without the bleep test:smile:

reid81

Reaction score
I saw footage of a recruit doin sit ups without support on their feet for resistance
Does that happen at PRMC?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, you get support.
Looks like a good workout.. ima try it when physio says ok... situps have gone tos hit in recent months.

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i know what you mean it can get quite boring just regular situps.
question to anyone who knows. when doing this situps and being tested does *text deleted* whole back have to touch the floor or just the lower part.
*text deleted* Chris G. when doing all these excercises your shoulder blades cannot touch the floor. your lower back show do but not your shoulder blades, this keeps your abs tensed and doesn't let them rest ;) good luck

chewbaccas_leg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair I too stopped doing situps in my circuit training which was a bit foolish, I just do weighted situps now, tested how many in 2 mins the other day with perfect form and I was pleasantly suprised, so I'd definately recommend doing them that way