Skin Condition

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Jaguar2187, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Jaguar2187

Jaguar2187 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Evening all,

I attended an army medical a couple of months ago and was told to see my GP about a small rash on the inside of my elbows (on both arms). The GP diagnosed it as eczma, but like the army doctors, he wasn't completely sure what it was. If this does indeed turn out to be eczma then I will be barred from joining for three years, so I have chosen to see a private dermatologist to see if they can hopefully diagnose it as something else, which won't bar me from joining for the next three years. This rash, or whatever it is, has never given me any pain or itching, and other than the fact that it's visible, I wouldn't have otherwise noticed it was there. Nor does it appear to get any worse when it's hot, cold, wet humid, etc.

Has anyone had any luck with appealing this sort of thing? What's annoying is that it doesn't adversely affect me in any way so I struggle to see why it is proving to be such an issue with the army.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Eczema, if that's what it turns out to be, can unfortunately be a debilitating condition particularly in training and beyond when serving in extreme climatic environments.

The thing you need to be careful of is gaining a different definitive diagnosis....only to find the appeal succeeds with regard eczema only to find the correct diagnosis is itself a show-stopper.

Best of luck.

3. Jaguar2187

Jaguar2187 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thanks Ninja. That's what worries me, if it turns out be be something worse.