Sleep & Body Clock

Abdab

Reaction score
Hey...

I just wanted to know what you guys do basically *text deleted* sounds stupid.

But i mean when you go in core youll be up at 4-5 or early anyways. I just wondered if you lot actually begin your days at like 7 or what ever time whilst your at home training or should I be making most of the sleep I get at home?

Let me know :)

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
It's important to have a routine. 8-10 hours a night is about right I think.

From my own experience, if you get yourself into a routine of going to bed at a decentish time like 10 or 11, and getting up at 7 or 8, you just feel better.

At the moment, I'm in a crap routine, stay up late, sleep in late, and just generally feel like crap alot. When I was working a part time job, 3 hours a day, I had to be there for 5am and finished for 8am. The feeling of being fresh and awake at 8am and ready to get out training was amazing, invigorating.

At the moment, being out of a routine, I find it difficult to sleep, difficult to get up in the morning, and training is just so much more of a chore.

So, for me at least, it's all about routine. I'm going to start following my own advice tommorow! Get a mammoth session under my belt to tire myself out and get to bed early.

Abdab

Reaction score
Ahhh thanks :)

Im sort of in the habbit of a routine of like 12-7 reallly... Have to lower it abit so I can get in bed at 11 or something.

I mean even with that amount of sleep im still up at 7 and feel ok and sort of fresh. Just really determined to train at the moment which is working out good. Only problem is, because I go college and train as well as work 3 days a week. Sometimes my diet goes off course. But ill have to sort that out!

Thanks anyways, looks like its past my bedtime all ready sooooo better get to bed haha!

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I strugle to get to bed before 11, normally around 12 - 7 like yourself. I find that if i go to bed before 11 i sort of feel bored, like im forcing myself to get to sleep but i'm not actually tired, if that makes sense? *text deleted*.

Abdab

Reaction score
Yer makes sense because its exactley what i do. I can only get to sleep that early if Im doing cardio for long time in morning and then weights or upper body at night

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well as you can see at my time of post that i am not in bed! Unfortunately i rarely get into bed before 2 ish an not uncommon for it to be later, i do have to get up at 6:30 4 days a week and i feel terrible but i still cannot sleep!
Think like another poster was saying ( is late i forgotten who ) a good routine is key, when i was working full time i was always nodding off at about ten and just waking up at 7 which is good, not if it is a sat nite :S and sun mornin *text deleted*

Like now it is *text deleted* i am tired yet i know if i get in bed ill just lay there -.-

Wezzoo

Reaction score
hey lads, .. well as u can c from the time of my post (4.11 am *text deleted*) my body clock is all over the place!
i work a few nites a week so its hard to get a proper routine going. its hard goin to bed at 4.30 and *text deleted* up at 11:30 and trying to be energized and ready to go training, u always feel tired and unmotivated!.. ah well thts life, ill just crack on ... hopefully itll pay off with a green Lid ;)

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im trying to change my body clock *text deleted* was at 12pm till 10 am ish *text deleted* im trying to go to bed at 10 or 11 and wake up at 6 or 7 but i always wake up turn my alarm off and think "well i'd have to wait for my food to digest before i can run anyway..." by the end of that thought process im asleep and end up waking up later *text deleted*...

Abdab

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHH rise and shine all *text deleted*

Been up since 8 which isnt too bad, done some working out. Having abit of a slack day today though, got bg day training wise 2moro so dont want to over tire myself.

Im going to try and get into a schedule though, does look like it helps, planning 11-7 sleep hours. Hopefully stick to them.

Thanks for help anyways people

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I work shifts so one week my day starts at 4:30 and ends at 8pm the next it starts at 8am and ends at 12am, i get about a good 7-8 hrs rest a night usually.

Takes around 2 days for body to get used to the change but been doing it for a while so does not really affect me.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea a good nights sleep is always good.......anyway im off ta sleep! :uglyhammer:

DRichardson

Reaction score
Ive been getting up ay 6 to go out running before work. Normally get about 7 hrs sleep.

I feel alot better in the day time since ive been doing this. Also gives you more time in the evening to do a quick run or do stuff with your mates.

Although.....its F*text deleted**ing cold at the moment *text deleted*

daz665

Reaction score
My sleep patterns completely *text deleted**text deleted*ed. I work a 3-week shift rotation. 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am. Really need to get a different job, seems impossible to have energy for exercise and my eating is messed up.

ninjamej

Reaction score
hello are any of you lads thinknig about getting up at 5.45 couple of times beforeu go down to lympstone

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
To be honest in training you dont get up as early as you think, unless there are specific reasons. Also most days you'll finish at 5ish so rest is plenty if your organised (i.e. kit ironed etc)

Whilst on excercise you dont sleep much and what sleep you do have isnt the greatest.

But for the time being, if your training you should be trying to get to sleep as much as possible as its a aid to repair your body from training.

Trying to get up major early a week before PRMC a few times i think should be a no no, you need to be well rested and recovered before PRMC as it will knock the hell out of you.

Jack T

Reaction score
I`v been told by an ex marine that you`l be lucky to get over 5 n a half hours sleep a night for the first 5/6 weeks of RT.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I`v been told by an ex marine that you`l be lucky to get over 5 n a half hours sleep a night for the first 5/6 weeks of RT.

*text deleted* got a few mates in RT now, and they say otherwise

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard mixed reports, but most lean towards getting an adequate amount of sleep though.