Sleeping naked, random bits (Split from - First day in your unit?) -

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Also I was watching commando school and you had to be naked while in a foundation block. I don't want to sound self conscious but that would be a bit unusual to stand but naked in a room full of lads. And also they where taught how to shower by a naked bloke and I was wondering weather we would have to do that as well or if there would be someone specifically to teach the females.
You are hardly going to sleep with your tits hanging out infront of the lads mate! People keep saying this nude thing. Have you got a link to it? I think it’s a myth. I never saw it in commando school but I haven’t seen it ages

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
You are hardly going to sleep with your tits hanging out infront of the lads mate! People keep saying this nude thing. Have you got a link to it? I think it’s a myth. I never saw it in commando school but I haven’t seen it ages
Timestamp is 10:25 mate

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
To be honest if that was the case I would just crack on. No point complaining and there are going to be far worse things in training than sleeping naked in front of some lads who couldnt care less. Just my take on it

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I’d respectfully suggest you don’t base your joining decision making criteria on commando school :D

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
I’d respectfully suggest you don’t base your joining decision making criteria on commando school :D
Yeah I know its just because the cpl said you always sleep naked in the royal marines so I was assuming he wasnt just saying it for the sake of it

Advocado

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
We were made to sleep naked when I was in foundation, but I don't think it's a big deal these days as long as you're clean who cares if you wear a set of knicks in bed. The foundation block isn't used anymore anyway so as a female you'd have a segregated room, shower and toilet from to the start to finish of training. A female from the band service will show you how to dhobi.

I was lucky/unlucky enough to rock up at my first unit on the corps birthday... it was honking I won't say any more on it.

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Timestamp is 10:25 mate

What the actual hell!! That’s actually ridiculous and no wonder the Navy has a bit of a reputation. That does no favours at all. How the hell is it more hygienic to sleep nude? If anything covering your bare ass hole and bell end would be cleaner than having it touching your bedding

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
What the actual hell!! That’s actually ridiculous and no wonder the Navy has a bit of a reputation. That does no favours at all. How the hell is it more hygienic to sleep nude? If anything covering your bare ass hole and bell end would be cleaner than having it touching your bedding
I take it you havent yet seen this video ;)

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I take it you havent yet seen this video ;)

That’s just stupid school boy behaviour and not that shocking to be honest. Seeing a room full of lads being forced to stand naked whilst some weird instructor stares at their dicks and threatens to kick off if he catches them wearing underwear is very very very strange. Any other setting that would be called out as perverted. Very strange indeed and in no way hygienic. Imagine a priest did this at a catholic school.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Christ this thread is going tedious quickly. It’s a joke, involving camels and stems from the 80s in my life. Very likely you will be expected to have a sense of humour in your career, please never lose sight of that :)

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
That’s just stupid school boy behaviour and not that shocking to be honest. Seeing a room full of lads being forced to stand naked whilst some weird instructor stares at their dicks and threatens to kick off if he catches them wearing underwear is very very very strange. Any other setting that would be called out as perverted. Very strange indeed and in no way hygienic. Imagine a priest did this at a catholic school.
Mate if you think thats bad you havent even seen the worst video about navy school.

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate if you think thats bad you havent even seen the worst video about navy school.

I just think they don’t do themselves any favours by making lads line up naked whilst some guy stares at them for no real reason. During the night is it not possible the lad may have a dream?! It’s 100% possible that certain fluid may seep out or if he is passing wind on a bed sheet what particles are then landing on the bed sheet? Pop a clean pair of boxers on and issue solved and it’s much more hygienic. Getting naked whilst getting changed infront of one another is normal as is showering etc. Having your dicks in a line before bed seems creepy. I just don’t get the thinking behind it is all but I’ve said my peace and I’ll leave it at that.

Mosquito

Reaction score
I think if you're basing all of your pre-conceptions of training on sensationalized TV with the whole purpose of entertaining and getting shock value from civilians that have zero idea about military training, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Read this thread to get a decent idea from an actual serving Royal
https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/fighting-unit-survival-guide.95689/

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
You seem to think you are much funnier than you actually are mate. Point is simple. This isn’t about humour is it, it’s a question about why you have to stand nude before bed under the guise of hygiene.

Have you been in the military?
Have you been in the field?
Have you served on ship?

Stop gobbing off to people like you've been there and done it. As Scotty said previously, mouth shut ears open.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
I think if you're basing all of your pre-conceptions of training on sensationalized TV with the whole purpose of entertaining and getting shock value from civilians that have zero idea about military training, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Read this thread to get a decent idea from an actual serving Royal
https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/fighting-unit-survival-guide.95689/
Should of made it clear but I am obviously not getting any pre assumptions that I will be having a naked shower party in training. I was just curious about the whole naked aspect in foundation and how it works being a female. My previous posts about the royal navy school were a joke obviously and I dont expect that would go on in recruit training thats all :)

Mosquito

Reaction score
Should of made it clear but I am obviously not getting any pre assumptions that I will be having a naked shower party in training. I was just curious about the whole naked aspect in foundation and how it works being a female. My previous posts about the royal navy school were a joke obviously and I dont expect that would go on in recruit training thats all :)
Weren't particularly aimed at you, don't worry :D It's a fair question to ask because obviously there isn't much insight into how the girls are treated at CTC. Trust that they've got the right arrangements and procedures in place though!

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
You seem to think you are much funnier than you actually are mate. Point is simple. This isn’t about humour is it, it’s a question about why you have to stand nude before bed under the guise of hygiene.
I will explain this from what I have learnt from bio. When you sleep your skin sells die and they fall of basically. We also naturally sweat when we sleep, and this leaves a sweat imprint.
If we wear clothes that means we sweat into the clothes and it holds all the sweat and dead skin cells. Bit disgusting really.