slight wrist pain

Reaction score
I've never broke my arm or anything but my wrists do get crushed when i do alot of push-ups.

A few months ago the combination of push-ups and dumbells became too much for me. The pain in my right wrist was comprimising my training and wasn't healing up between sessions. The problem was getting steadily worse so i visited the doctor and they said it was tennis elbow (the pain was near to the wrist but its the same tendon innit?) and the only way to get rid was to stop doing whatever was bothering it. I had to rest for ages to get rid of it (tendons are the slowest healers), i lost alot of upper body strength in the process. You can also have a cortisone injection which gets rid of it immediately apparently, but you want to stay away from that if possible.

All you can do is be really careful and try to keep the pressure off the forearm as much as possible. Being on a computer alot and then training really doesn't help. I'm training again now and it's ok - not brilliant - just ok, i can still feel it sometimes but its not at a comprimising level. I know it would start again if i'm not careful.

Funnily enough tennis does set it off sometimes as well ;)

liam

Reaction score
i am doing an ict course at college and *text deleted* very slighty injured my wrist.

will being on computers at college make my wrist worse with all the push ups and workouts im doing?

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It all depends on how your PC is positioned and how you're sitting.

Make sure your wrist isn't bent when you're resting it on the keyboard and if possible, try and push the keyboard forward so your arm is wresting on the desk when you're using it.

That should help it a little, although ultimately the best way to recover is to rest it completely.