Slow sit ups!

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Hi guys.I am 6 feet 5 inches tall and weigh 15 and a half stone,the problem is for me is doing sit ups quickly.I can do 55 sit ups in 2 minutes and that is about it.I was wondering if anyone else is around my weight and height,and could tell me how many they can do,or have any tips on doing them quicker.Thank you guys hope to hear from some one soon.

Press ups ,42
Sit ups ,55
pull ups, 5
pjft, 920
3 miles,1945

smallzy

Reaction score
yeah i have the same problem, except i'm only about 5'7" and 11 stone

my max sit ups are pretty good, probably like 100 but in 2 minutes i can only do about 60

Turnip

Reaction score
Giants club.

Alright fella, 6'5" myself, and 98 kg, sit ups are my strongest PRMC exercise mate, it may sound funny but I found my breathing had a lot to do with it, I found I could not get past 40 unless I was breathing out every up phase and in every down phase, I then found that after about a week of trying that I could increase the speed I was breathing, and my sit ups would get faster.

However its not for everyone, told the guy I train with about my method and he tried it and puked all over the carpet.

being a tall one myself I always found the pullups the hardest, not only the excercise but finding something high enough to pull up on *text deleted*.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i find it easier to put my feet inder my chest of draws, there is a small hole at the front. so this replicates someone holding my feet down. not sure if this is cheating but i'm able to get around 74 situps out of this tech.

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Land of the Giants

Hi turnip,cheers for that.i will definetly try that and see what happens.I know what you mean about finding something tall enough to grab hold of!Luckily theres a massive oak tree in my back garden.thats just high enough!!

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aye its all in breathing pal, works with Press Up's also. I can always get a load more if i focus on breathing.

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Ok lads thanks for that.I will definetly try that tomorrow and see what happens.much appreciated!