Slump...

Kablamoo

Reaction score
I hope I don't sound too pathetic here but I have hit a slump in my training...
I applied for the RM, and during my Interview did a pretty *text deleted**text deleted* job at proving my physical condition was up to scratch. I have never been in a proper football team or anything like that... I have lived a physical life but nothing that seemed to impress my interviewer... anyway if I'm honest I don't think I am quite 'there' to pass the PRMC...

Dunno what I need really but after the interview I got pretty down on myself wondering if I was just not good enough to be in the RMs... which isn't the greatest attitude to have really... I'm just finding it hard to juggle my Job, which is pretty demanding... and my training, which I don't think I am doing right really.

Tips anyone??? Haha ;P Seriously any tips to juggling everything AS WELL as fitting in an effective training schedule??? I run in the evening, I TRY to do strength exercise in the morning... but most of the time it's just press ups and sit-ups... What the *text deleted**text deleted* can I do about this slump i'm in?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Welcome to the site mate,

Don't worry it's a problem a lot of people face on here so your ain't alone.

I'm sure others will come on here and share their experiences shortly, but in the meantime best of luck to you.

Regards
GW

southerncomfort

Reaction score
Alright Fella,

I suffered a slump a few months ago and im only just getting out of it..
I was trying to juggle my job around my Mrs job, 4 kids and part time studies. The only time I have to train is at 4.30am. I find it easier to get up and get the phys out of the way as everthing else (work/school/childcare hours especially) are set and have to be worked around so the only flexible thing in the equation is me.

Best advice I can offer matey is to set a schedule for the week making sure to fit everything you NEED to do first(i.e. work, training etc..) then if theirs time the things you WANT to do(i.e. going out, drinking etc).
Good luck with it all buddy.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to get out of one and i'm 3 weeks away from PRMC!

I keep getting injuries and i start to get paranoid that i'm not up to standards, and that maybe i should delay my PRMC blah blah blah..

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Only one person can make that choice Woody, I'm sure you know!

I think that alot of us are going to feel under-prepared but nothing can prepare you for PRMC unless you had a training team wake you up early and thrash you for 2 days straight. You could always ask your AFCO for the next nearest RMAD but being so close to PRMC it might be a problem unless you delay it a little bit.

In terms of am I ready for PRMC or RMAD, do a 3 miler with a best effort 1.5 mile. Do a bleep test straight after. Do best effort push ups in 2 mins, best effort sit ups in 2 mins and 6 pull ups. This can be daunting but it doesn't matter, if you get half decent results then it's a bonus. At PRMC you're going to have 45-60 other guys in the exact same situation and the nerves alone and the thought of giving up won't be an option and you'll just crack on. As long as they see you want to be there no matter what it takes then you've got a good chance. Of course in the Gym it depends on points but determination is all it takes!

Good luck in whatever path you choose wether it is delaying PRMC for a RMAD or going for PRMC.

Ash

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers, Ash. I won't delay it i'm fairly confident i'll pass i just have these moment were i start worrying which is only natural i suppose.

I've done a look at life course back in December which was 5 days down at Lympstone, that was a real good insight. I mean, i passed the 3 miler and Assault course back then so they shouldn't be a problem.

It's because i keep thinking i don't want to scrape a pass. But at the end of the day, a pass is a pass.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
like said above, make a week plan and follow it every week. easier said than done i know. but i expect you may have time to sit down and watch tv.
not saying this is just your or your lazy, but i have spoken to many people who say they just dont have time to exercise even for hslf hour a day, BUT they can sit and watch a film or their favourite programme which are normally 30 mins to 1hr long.

what im trying to say is, if you have unessesary tv or computer time in your day, then leave it out unless you have exercised befor hand.

please dont get me wrong though im not picking at you and saying your a lazy bum who watches tv all day. just making sure your not using it as the "im busy excuse"

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The joys of being 17 and working from home eh! I can just exercise when I like! Not that I do I always run at 0800hrs, bike at 1200hrs and circuit at 1400hrs and do what work I get inbetween. Then the girlfriend comes round at about 1900 after work for the evening film and workout.. If.. You catch my drift..

Josh

Reaction score
ash your day sounds a bit like mine but with out work. *text deleted*