Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Small arms

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Chelonian, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Nothing to do with the length of limbs but a YouTube channel that might be of interest to some. Forgotten Weapons focuses on the development and history of twentieth and twenty-first century military weapons.
    Don’t expect good ol’ boys blasting down the range but rather a thoughtful, nicely filmed look at the evolution of specific weapons, including the current SA80 system.
    A couple of examples from the channel below.

L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle

L42A1 Sniper rifle

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

Damn , I was going to say the lady on silent witness ( and no, not the very foxy Miss Fox)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I haven't watched Silent Witness for several series so I did a Google search of the cast and exploded a mouthful of tea when I understood the reference! :)

Agree about the fragrant Emilia. Vic Reeves definitely dropped the ball.

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

M134 Minigun. Definitely not in the 'small arms' category despite what the fantasy world of Hollywood suggests but interesting nonetheless.
    The whole video gives an overview of a fascinating mechanism and is arguably more engaging viewing than Come Dancing.

Hooligans only interested in a firepower demo might skip to about 18:00 in the video.

As an aside, commercial civilian .308 (7.62mm NATO) rounds can cost about £1 each. The M134’s rate of fire is about 70 rounds per second. :eek:

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Reminds me of a colleague of mine, who was being fitted for their parade uniform by a Naval tailor.

"The sleeves need taking-up" stated the tailor, marking the cuffs with a dab of French chalk.

"That's probably because I completed a small arms course recently" quipped my oppo.

Not even a smile. ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  6. Cheezy hammy eggy

Cheezy hammy eggy Active Member

The good old days of Jack Blair!
    :)

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    My god, I have never been so sexually confused in all my life. Can you be sexually attracted to weapons?

Don’t judge me you racist bigots!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The twin rubber trigger buttons might be considered by some to resemble nipples. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1