Smashed it!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
heyup people! (sorry, i know you all must be sick of reading threads like this) but id just like to post my NEW BEST EFFORT :biggrin:

1.5 miles - 9.24!! YAY!!!! *text deleted* which is amazing because i have suffered with chest, leg pains and today EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! my calf muscles didnt tighten up, not one single pain or stitch or anything! my breathing was totally controlled and after i was finished i was fine! :biggrin: (a little sweaty like but still fine) i even upped the speed for the last minute!

oh, i did it on a treadmill *text deleted*! *text deleted* treadmills are now my best friend! :biggrin:

chris1988

Reaction score
well done mate pays off in the end doesnt it??? keep at it and im sure youre time will drop even further!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well done mate pays off in the end doesnt it??? keep at it and im sure youre time will drop even further!

thing that makes me so happy is i could have easily getten below the 9 minute mark and still not be that tired! :biggrin::biggrin: next time i do it (tomorrow) i am going to do it on 16 kmp/h all the way through! and see what i get and how i feel! :biggrin::biggrin:

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
that sounds quality pal well done!
its a great moral booster when you pull things like that off!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
that sounds quality pal well done!
its a great moral booster when you pull things like that off!

i know! i had only been in the gym 35 minutes! i was *text deleted* do a 2 hour workout on the chest! but as soon as i got that great new result i just went home! i was even *text deleted* run home i was that happy! *text deleted* god im sad like that! *text deleted* :smile:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont know! havent even had my medical or interview yet! *text deleted* but the officer said my PJFT will be around 4 weeks from last week so in about 3 weeks will have my PJFT, so im guessing, if i can get booked up quick (my AFCO is really quick for getting people through the process) i will be looking at November (if im lucky) December/January time

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
with a time like that you will defo pass your PJFT no probs *text deleted*!
good luck with everything, hope all goes your way!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
with a time like that you will defo pass your PJFT no probs *text deleted*!
good luck with everything, hope all goes your way!

cheers! thatnx! i would have been happy with anything under 10! but to find out i can do 9.24 and still be fine is brilliant! :cheesy: i just cant wait now for my PJFT!!! BRING IT ON! *text deleted*

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Make that the last visit to the gym mate.
You need to start doing road runs, and in about 2 months time when you take your PJFT it'll be so easy you'll probably pass in under 9 minutes!

Don't practice on a tredmill, I use to do this and didn't advance my fitness at all. Gave it up and did road running for 3 weeks, then took my PJFT and it felt so easy it was unreal!

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait to see someone crack the 3.0 miler PJFT.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* *text deleted* been running on the roads for a whole year! *text deleted* only just started using the treadmill! this is my plan...

start using treadmill and get confident with it, get my treadmill time down, pass PJFT which is on a treadmill then start only using the roads again as the PRMC is on the roads!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
*text deleted* *text deleted* been running on the roads for a whole year! *text deleted* only just started using the treadmill! this is my plan...

start using treadmill and get confident with it, get my treadmill time down, pass PJFT which is on a treadmill then start only using the roads again as the PRMC is on the roads!

Good plan Batman!

Well done on the time mate, almost as good as sex when you smash a PB :)

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wheyyy! Well done mate, You sound made up. Give youreslf a pat on the back.