smoking

big-jim

Reaction score
just new to all this so hello :fly: <<< haha

me and my mate are planning to join in about a year when were 18ish and i personally dont smoke but he has been for 3-4 years and thinks he will still have a chance of passing the prmc

we just plan to get decently strong then start all the running malarky about 2 months or so before we apply and thats when he said he's going to quit

someone else tell me he'll have no chance cause i rekon he's going to have pi*s all stamina

RC

Reaction score
just new to all this so hello :fly: <<< haha

me and my mate are planning to join in about a year when were 18ish and i personally dont smoke but he has been for 3-4 years and thinks he will still have a chance of passing the prmc

we just plan to get decently strong then start all the running malarky about 2 months or so before we apply and thats when he said he's going to quit

someone else tell me he'll have no chance cause i rekon he's going to have pi*s all stamina

Alright Mate,

Smoking won't help, that's for sure. However, if he doesn't pass the PRMC it is likely that some other factor will have played a part also ( e.g. lack of training, determination). Quite a few Marines smoke and get by without having too much trouble.

I'd start the 'running malarky' as early as possible. That way you can build up gradually and reduce the chance of injury.

Rich.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Tell him to give up smoking simple as!.. And id get training maybe a year before PRMC!.. 2 Months is not longer enough buddy.. All the best to you anyway.. You can only try your hardest.. Alot of us lads on here have been training for a few years and pass with flying colors. But training for PRMC two months before hand isnt enough really mate.. So personally id say get training a few years before hand or your going to really struggle especially your mate whos a smoker!!.. Tell the idiot to stop smoking!.. Does no good to you whats so ever!..

All the best anyway buddy!.
Sam

big-jim

Reaction score
yeh we aint going to start running 2 month before the prmc a mean like 2 month before we even apply so should give us like 6 month or so before we get to that stage.....if we do *text deleted*

but cheers anyways a cant really see him quitting to be honest :uglyhammer:

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
rusty app normally takes 4-5 months so i don't know what *text deleted* onabout, he said hes *text deleted* start running 2 months before he starts is app, u can get insane fit in 8 weeks of decent training plan, think and reaf before u write.

SMOKING:

smoking effects recovery time not stamina, on the 3 miler we will have cuaght all our breath and he will be panting like a dog! thats basically all it does but id quit now and get a doctor to check his lung capacity mate if i was him, u stand a far better chance without smoking!!