Smoking

crisss16

Reaction score
Anybody know people that smoke while in rt, and also do they get a lot of hassle for it?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know anybody, but I am certain they would get a lot of hassle for it. You know they say by the end of training royal marines have the fitness level of an international athlete, I don't know of any international athletes that smoke :)

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Theres no ashtrays in Lympstone so you have to swallow it once your done plus you have to smoke it through your arse while in a handstand position, hope this helps.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just quit for RT mate, it'll help with phys etc and a good test of your will power. i smoked for 8 years and quit fairly recently (not doing RT, going through selection), it's a good way to remind you to exercise- go for a run/pump out a few push ups everytime you get the urge. added benefit is exercise has been shown to help alleviate the cravings.
bad news though -once addicted, always addicted when it comes to nicotine.

M

MTW

I don't know anybody, but I am certain they would get a lot of hassle for it. You know they say by the end of training royal marines have the fitness level of an international athlete, I don't know of any international athletes that smoke :)

what a load of bollocks, i smoke, and when i was down at prmc, loads of them in RT were smoking, some of the fittest lads there smoke. you dont get any stick for it. my corpral on PRMC even asked me for a fag because he didnt have one. but none the less quit if you can....

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
what a load of bollocks, i smoke, and when i was down at prmc, loads of them in RT were smoking, some of the fittest lads there smoke. you dont get any stick for it. my corpral on PRMC even asked me for a fag because he didnt have one. but none the less quit if you can....

Woah, really?

M

MTW

yea *text deleted*, its harder to get fit if you smoke....but it dosent effect your fitness once you get fit (depending on the person) just your health. obviously i wish i didnt, but its to late for me, even my mate in RT who dosent smoke said it would be impossible to give up during RT, but if youve just handed in your app, give that *text deleted**text deleted* up.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
There are many people that smoke in RT, none of them get hassle for it eigther, a few of the lads that smoked on my course were fitter than me

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
some people can be fitter than ever and smoke but i would quit before training to be honest, it only means you will be fitter plus smoking kills!

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alcohol does more damage to your body than smoking, along with cocaine and ecstasy. Yet it's legal. :applaus::applaus:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alcohol does more damage to your body than smoking, along with cocaine and ecstasy. Yet it's legal. :applaus::applaus:
alcohol only does damage to your body above a certain dose (equiv of 20/25 units per week) and over extended periods of time, below that level it's actually very good for your heart, a single fag will give you a healthy coating of tar on your lungs, cocaine burns out certain neurons and as far as ecstasy, there's no definitive evidence it does any permanent damage.

M

MTW

cocaine is probably the worst thing for you both phsicaly and mentaly out of any drug appart from crack.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ecstasy is really bad for you. It makes your brain denser and full of water after taking it, and makes it get bigger, which compresses it that tiny cranium of yours, and it causes severe brain damage. Needless to say, that would probably hurt hella lot!

What happens is you get very dehydrated after taking the happy pill, and you naturally feel the urge to drink some fluids. The water goes to your brain instead of your bladder for some reason, and thats why your brain explodes inside your head.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yep all drugs are bad for your body, but look at the effects alcohol has, then see which is worse. :laugh:

M

MTW

Yep all drugs are bad for your body, but look at the effects alcohol has, then see which is worse. :laugh:

cocaine, trust me *text deleted* just not just ruin your health! but your mental health, your life, pretty much everything! and its probably the most addictive thing ever! quadrupel whammy kids!:blink: