Snapped Discs

SR

Reaction score
I've been to a physio today due to pretty bad pain in the bottom of my back and ive snapped 2 discs and the muscles are in a spasm so they wont put them back together.

I have physio now for a month and if its not any better i have to go for a MRI Scan.

The question is do you think this will stop me joining the marines ?
Im up to the PJFT stage but failed 1st time due to the back. Got to 8 mins the guy said stay at this pace and you'll come in at just under 9.30 but i literally couldnt stand the pain anymore.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Gutted For you!.. Couldn't Imagine how p*ssed off id be if i was you!.. Fingers crossed it will all heal up for you to what it was like before the injury.. Na shouldn't be a problem if it heals back up for you. But for obvious reasons if it still causes pain i wouldn't even be thinking of joining the marines!..

Good Luck and Hope you have a speedy recovery mate!
Sam

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
oh dear sorry t hear that mate...

ive been having back probs recently, just around the lower part of my shoulder blade, feels like ive just puled a muscle, but im goin to physion begining of june just to be sure, as its not got any better for a few weeks

i hope it gets sorted soon for you tho mate,

SR

Reaction score
Cheers guys.

The physio has taped this thing to my back to support it which is helping but really irritating. Fingers crossed the physio can get my muscles back to normal and then they will hopefuly take care of the discs. Trying to stay confident now.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

The physio has taped this thing to my back to support it which is helping but really irritating. Fingers crossed the physio can get my muscles back to normal and then they will hopefuly take care of the discs. Trying to stay confident now.

yeah thats all you can do mate...good luck with it all

!!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate if u had snapped discs u wouldnt be able to move, a fracture can even paralize you for life, something just dont sound right

SR

Reaction score
Obviosuly im just saying what my physio said.
2 discs at the bottom off the back and the muscles are in a spasm so they cant put them back together.

I couldnt put my back straight for the 1st week when i 1st did it but i could move fine. The discs are at the side of the spine so it wouldnt paralize me.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a muscle strain / tendon pull in your lower back. A fracture, or a herniated disc would result in you laying on a bed for weeks, and needing surgery, so I doubt thats it mate. It should heal up fine. Give it time to heal, and shy away from any lifting, especially dead lifts / squat movements.

S

Sotiris

I know it sounds lame but try not to take an pain killers.

You need to know where and why it hurts...it's your body's way of saying "don't *text deleted**text deleted*ing do that!!"

Just rest man, if you have to push a few dates back for the Marines do so...get rested and healed so you can past all the tests. Don't push yourself now and risk losing everything due to injury. Or invite permanent damage so say the least!!

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its not a slipped disc is it??
hope u getter better mate!

billybear

Reaction score
na thn mara sound like a perpertrated disk av got the same problem all u can do is rest mate or do a bit ov swiming sleep on your side at night with a pillow between *text deleted* knees wiv u legs tuckted up 2 ye chest that shud help pall take around 6 two 8 week to heel if the pain still there after 6 weeks consider paying to see an oskeapath best of look pall

M

MTW

well if you have done any damage to to bones in your back your likely to fail the medical, my friend snapped a disc in his back a few years ago and had his medical last week. he wasnt allowed to join, as a result of his previous fully healed back injury.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ElLeemino Broke (Snapped) My collar bone General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 10