Snowden Files Decrypted

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How can he still justify releasing that kind of information as "for the public good"? I guess you could argue that the NSA data collection thing could be whistleblowing due to moral obligation. But at this point, isn't he just giving away state secrets with no reason?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
It kind of depends on how you look at it. What the NSA and others were doing was illegal and criminal.

The elected Government of the USA decided - after years of debate - that the powers the NSA wanted were over the top. As it appears the NSA and others disregarded the elected Government wishes and started doing it anyway.

The question Snowden raises by releasing the documents is - who is running the United States, an elected Government or a security agency?

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. And as such, they should have been held accountable.

But these latest documents seem to show (or at least how it's portrayed in the media) not illegal activity, but just sensitive information on intelligence operations. I wonder what reason there was for him to release these ones?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Absolutely. And as such, they should have been held accountable.

But these latest documents seem to show (or at least how it's portrayed in the media) not illegal activity, but just sensitive information on intelligence operations. I wonder what reason there was for him to release these ones?

Which ones are you referring to, sorry not been following it that much recently.

As for people that criticise the guy in the media, they would need to know what he isn't releasing to know if his intentions are genuine or not. At the moment from what I have witnessed his documents have been embarrassing for certain politicians.

I've not seen anything sensitive being released that puts people lives in danger, again not seen that much of it.

New Threads