So I've got a question. Are nigerians not eligis.

Mitchie

Reaction score
So I've a question. Are nigerians eligible to apply for the Royal marines. Because I requested an application and I was declined due to nationality requirements. I'd like to know please?

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
No applications fron overseas nationals are beung accepted at present

Mitchie

Reaction score
Any ideas when we should be expecting to begin application?

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
I am afraid not, as this will depend on the COVID situation both here and abroad so it is anybody's guess, but not for a good few months is fair to say, and not even an estimated timeline has been given.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Commonwealth citizens who are living in UK and who have legally lived in UK for five years continuously, may still apply, so far as I can recall. @The guide will be more up to date on the current policy.

Commonwealth citizens living overseas were granted consideration of a residency waiver from November 2017 in strictly limited numbers. This was due to a shortfall in people applying from UK and ceased in the first quarter of 2020.

Currently there is a surplus of applicants, so whether or when this residency waiver may be re-introduced, we really can't say.

Mitchie

Reaction score
Do I need to have lived in the UK for five years or be granted a residency waiver?