So your in RT....

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
when your in RT do you get an ID card or something to say your training for the royals?

C

critchmufc

this so you can prove to ppl you are, or show the ladies by any chance??

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Your service ID card has "Royal Navy" emblazoned across the top, much to the ire of many a Royal Marine.

Once you finish training it has your rank as "MNE" (Marine), but I think it has "RCT" (Recruit) initially.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i think we should get a facebook society setup to change it to royal marines on the top

all in favour? :D

cheers ninja

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wahey navy boys, *text deleted* keep the ego down for some lads on the piss i guess :uglyhammer:

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja Have they recently changed it to having Royal Navy at the top, as mine said "Royal Marines Recruit" on the top when I was in?

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My friend who has been in for 5 years, he's angry because it has NAVY wrote on the top.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja Have they recently changed it to having Royal Navy at the top, as mine said "Royal Marines Recruit" on the top when I was in?

when you tested yourself on the 1.5 mile, were you sprinting??????

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Macca *text deleted* sig says EX ,why did you leave?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

It may have done if you were given the old cardboard version, however the plastic "credit card" has, and always has had: Royal Navy.

My friend who has been in for 5 years, he's angry because it has NAVY wrote on the top.

What, it took him 5 years to notice?

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
F.M.J you could say I was running quite fast *text deleted*. Az19 I left due to difficulties at home and It was't to do with my girlfriend *text deleted*, alot worse than that pal

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
aw ok, do you plan to return?

S

Sotiris

Awesome stats Macca! What were they like before you joined the Troop?

There were twins at my OTC selection that ran 1.5 miles in 6.10. I've never seen anything like it, they literally did sprint the whole thing!

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh deffinantly mate, I didn't plan on leaving RT if its just with what happened had home it left my head no longer in it at that time, a few weeks after leaving RT i was regretting it, and can't wait to get back, really looking forward to it

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
cheers sotiris, before I joined i was doing the 1.5miler in 10:10 and about 21-22 mins for the 3miler, and I was doing 45 press ups and around 55 sit ups, only got 4 pull ups for my PRMC, though i did slip *text deleted*

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and 6:10 for a 1.5 mile run is like a world class runner *text deleted*, thats impressive, cheers for giving me a new goal to aim for haha

S

Sotiris

Hehe so I guess the training works then :cheesy:?

Well, I'm sorry for the circumstances that led to your leaving the first time. Good luck for the second time around. I bet it's so much more exciting knowing that you'll be quite familiar and very fit for it.

S

Sotiris

Oh and 6:10 for a 1.5 mile run is like a world class runner *text deleted*, thats impressive, cheers for giving me a new goal to aim for haha

Yea, I remember them speaking in their lecturettes (about themselves), they run for all kinds of things and hope to do so professionally one day. The staff were over the moon with them, I think they said it was a new record for them.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It may have done if you were given the old cardboard version, however the plastic "credit card" has, and always has had: Royal Navy.

What, it took him 5 years to notice?

Haha, no. I just recently got in contact with him. I lost contact when he went in. I asked him about the card. Just saying that he was angry that it says Royal Navy.