Soldier ' Killed By Rifle Joke Pal'

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
A SOLDIER faces a manslaughter charge for allegedly killing a hero comrade by blasting him in the head with a sniper rifle in Iraq.

More...

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the Sun especially when it comes to military 'news' however if this event happened as described then it is truely a tradedy.

I cant help but ask why someone left the rifle unattended in the accomodation in the first place, why someone left it loaded, why the soldier in question picked up the rifle without immediately performing NSPs (basically checking it wasn't loaded), why the soldier then decided to play with the rifle and especially why he didn't triple check it before he did mess about.

In the Royal Marines NSPs are performed whenever you pick up a rifle, give someone a rifle, enter a building, leave a building, before you clean your rifle etc. They are drilled into your head that much I could perform them blindfolded right now and I have not touched a rifle in over two years.

I should imagine it is similar in the Army which leaves no excuse for such terrible events to take place.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
got to be carefull with the sun though, they do tend to make up a load of rubbish. they are really bad for it, i wouldn't believe it unless i saw it in loads of papers.

but please by all means dont get me wrong, if this is true then it is a very very upsetting thing to have to happen

M

MTW

lets face it tho, it would have been all over the telly and in every paper for *text deleted**text deleted*ing ages, but no, the sun seem to have the "exclusive"....i very much doubt it, the sun is god for firelighting and a nice pair of breasts at the most.
there seem to be alot of farfetched "true" new news stories on here from the sun that arnt anywhere else, you do the math.