Somali pirates seize supertanker

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if i should post this in the news section or here, but i though i'd post it here as it's a subject i wouldn't mind talking about. If anyones seen this on the news there's apparently two british nationals on board the supertanker, just wanted to know what everyone else thinks might come of this?

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I think the fact that there are two of our citizens on board gives us a remit to act.

The ship hasn't reached port yet... now would seem to be the time to act.

It's the sort of operation the SBS are made for. A night attack to free hostages on a tanker.

That would be the ideal solution, that or the pirates give up! Not sure how practical it would be though.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes deffinately the SBS the best special forces in the world in my view,

These are the kind of scenarios what they live off, You can bet your bottom

dollar they are there now ready to react, NAVY SEALS also standing by i

hope everything goes according to plan.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
We can't go near it because it is out of NATO boundaries, so there will be no fancy SBS raid. Well, none that we will know of......

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I watched a programme on the worlds biggest cruise ship once, and their defence against pirates were high powered water hoses......

Do not fear lads, im sure the African Special Forces will be all over this in no time!!

Sam1

Reaction score
On a news article, it says the pirates 'defeated the security warships protecting the tanker' must be some damn well prepared pirates then.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It could be possible that africa might ask for assistance from the SBS, seeing as there are british citizens on board. I think we will get involved because we have our own on board which makes us involved already.

Sam1

Reaction score
It could be possible that africa might ask for assistance from the SBS, seeing as there are british citizens on board. I think we will get involved because we have our own on board which makes us involved already.

Plus theres 2 million barrels of oil on board worth upto $100million :O

The Somali pirates have still got that freighter with battle tanks and other battle weapons that they got in September, that is being watched to make sure the weaponry isnt offloaded.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think the fact that there are two of our citizens on board gives us a remit to act.

The ship hasn't reached port yet... now would seem to be the time to act.

It's the sort of operation the SBS are made for. A night attack to free hostages on a tanker.

That would be the ideal solution, that or the pirates give up! Not sure how practical it would be though.

*7 year old mode* That would be SO cool

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Since when have we ever known when our SF are going to be on standby

and attack . . . . NeVeR

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the British Government had a zero tolerance on negotiating with terrorists? and technically they're terrorists of some sort i suppose.

Sam1

Reaction score
I can honestly see nothing happening, we will just pay the ransom and that will be that.

Yeh, i read that these somali pirates have got upto $300million in ransom money off various governments.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Send in the SBS!

This could be the SBS's iranian embassy siege... just maybe *text deleted*.