Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Son starts RT tomorrow

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Jet, May 12, 2019.

1. Jet

Jet New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi all,

My son joins RM training tomorrow and suggested I join this site in case I have any questions or concerns. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Jet

• Like Like x 3
  2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Welcome. I have added you to the Parents & Partners sub forum, where you will find advice and support.

Please be aware of Personal Security (PERSEC) when using this or any other social media. Do not post information that could identify individual Recruits. We cannot guarantee that everyone on the forum is who they declare themselves to be.

Recruits will be briefed on appropriate use of social media. Partners & Parents might be interested in taking a look at the general guidance here:

https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/34247/social_media_info_card.pdf

Alan

3. Dvv63

Dvv63 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi @Jet welcome to this brilliant forum, so much info,advice and support from across all of the troops,any questions ,however small just ask,someone will have an answer for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. physiomum

physiomum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hello @Jet welcome to the forum. A great source of info, support and networking as our nods progress on this emotional and stressful journey. Any question will be swiftly answered and there is plenty of browsing material. If you’re anything like me you’ll spend hours on here. All the best to you and your nod

• Like Like x 3
  5. Millie2017

Millie2017 New Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Hi,
    My boyfriend joined the commando training on the 13th of May, so he’s now in his 2nd week of foundation.

Was just wondering is it normal that I haven’t heard from him since Saturday? He called every night last week and now I’ve heard nothing for 4 days.

Thanks in advance!

6. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Yep perfectly normal, they've got minimal free time at these early stages or may not have been able to get to his phone for whatever reason.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jet

Jet New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi Millie2017 - sounds like your boyfriend is in same troop 281 as my son who also started on 13th. Yes it is worrying isn’t it when we don’t hear for a while - we also heard all last week, then nothing over the w’end til Monday evening - I’m sure we’ll hear again soon and wish your nod the best of luck! Jet

• Like Like x 1