Sore knees

andyaikido

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a couple of days off at Christmas, started training again on Boxing Day (30 min run and circuits as per the RM website) and now my right knee's playing up. Clicking and cracking like mad, I can do the circuits but I don't really think running on it would be a good idea.

Started training to the plan on the RM website about 2 weeks ago. Before this I'd been doing 3 runs per week (2x5 miles and 1x3 miles) with the occasional swim and 3 gym sessions doing free-weights. My knees sometimes ached but nothing to stop me running.

Anyone got any tips? Obviously not running isn't an option if I intend to join RM.

andyaikido

Reaction score
Sorry, just realised maybe this should be in the Common Injuries section. :eek:ops:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im having similar problems with my right knee. Make sure it's not a pair of bad shoes, and make sure you have good running form as well. I gave myself 3 days of rest and I feel pretty good, back to running tomorrow.

andyaikido

Reaction score
It's my right too. Feeling better after a couple of days rest. I'll probably rest tomorrow too and get back to it on Sunday.

I'm thinking maybe I jarred it doing box jumps. It's not an exercise i've done before.