sore wrists

big-jim

Reaction score
anyone else get really sore wrists from doin all these pressups? im doin about 100 or so a day n they seem to be knackered and so are my hands its seriously sore to even grip a 20lb dumbell

does anyone here use them hand things (think you can get them in argos) that change the position of your hands doing pressups to a kinda fist shape n does it help?

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say stop whacking off *text deleted* :-P Only messing.... Maybe you should give yourself a break for awhile or cut down atleast on the number of sets you do? Experiment a little, if it consists or gets worse I'd really go get it seen to mate no sense in taking risks.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Putting your hands in a fist position on the floor instead of a flat hand is better for your wrists but it kills my knuckles when i do it *text deleted*.

I've got those hand things, they do help and they dont hurt your wrists as much as normal press ups do.

you ever done the 'evil russian press up programme'??? now THAT kills your wrists!

:rock:

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thing is whats the point in doing knuckle pressup's or using press up bars when you wont be doing them like that in the marines?? Im not having a go Im just ignorant and perhaps missing something here. This is why I dont run with music as I wont be running with music in the marines, I dont want to be kicking out great times thanks to Meatloaf or whacking out tons of pressups because Ive gotten used to knuckle press ups etc. Feel free to correct my reasoning guys :)

big-jim

Reaction score
a was goin to start the russian thing tomorrow but looks like a wont be now :uglyhammer:

yeh a was thinkin that since *text deleted* doin them with a fist shape that a could find it harder to go back to doing them with my palms flat but fek knows :fight: haha

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was *text deleted* say do a few on your knuckles it will really streangthen *text deleted* wrists but it just takes time mate!

Turfy123

Reaction score
My mate who does a lot of MMA had sore wrists for a long time. He bought one of those NSD Powerball things and he swears by it.

The fireservice website reccomends them to help build up forearm and grip strenght as well

big-jim

Reaction score
cheers sounds decent i'll have a gander for some

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i generally do pushups on my knuckles *text deleted* my sensei is big on this stuff
hurts the knuckles a bit but it also improves wrist strength alot so mite be worth doin a bit