Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

South African applicant

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by saapplicant, Jul 17, 2019.

1. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I have a few questions regarding the logistics and waiting periods as I've seen a couple people saying they've been told to come back in 6 months or once they've passed pjft they wait 3 months before going to prmc?

Is this common?

As I'm from South Africa its a bit of a time crunch and would like to form a timeline on what to expect

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I've moved your post to the Overseas Section as it might get a better response here. There are a few applicants from South Africa and/or Partners & Parents of applicants on the forum.

3. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    We are South African too. My son applied online end of November 2018. He arrived in the UK first week of Feb. Went straight into AFCO the next day. AFCO was fantastic and really helped a lot in terms of the timelines. If at all possible try and get into a decentralized AFCO-not London-they are just so hellishly busy. He did his medical, interview psychometrics, PJFT 3x-not a treadmill runner :) did PRMC on the 18th June and started RT on the 8th July.

It can be done.

Make sure you get your SAPS clearance before you go-took 2 weeks, and make sure you have all relevant medical reports-xrays, op reports etc. Original education docs/birth cert/etc The optician report was also done in SA-but had to be redone in the UK He did his medical triage call here in SA before he left.

The best advice I can give you is to keep your fitness up, be prepared for the change in climate and have all your documents in order. Postnet Courier all originals from here.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    So all in all it was a 5/6month process?

5. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Indeed, however, if you have your ducks in a row and can run on a treadmill, do PJFT first time-it can be 3/4 months. Just remember to factor in the summer leave coming up on the 9th August till September. The visa time scale will give you nightmares...

6. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Bloody hell, alright, thanks...

Ill probably try get over in the new year or during December

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bazzer1992

Bazzer1992 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    How did you go through your registration? I seem to be getting an error - 500 notification when ever i try submit my application