speed march times in RT

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
there are a number of speed marches during RT training that have to be completed in a certain time,

the speed marches i know of are the:

4 miler:
9 miler:
30 miler: 8hrs

are there any others and what are their times, and if anyone could tell me the times for the ones above that i missed out it would be helpfull..

thanks

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thats fairly slow for the 4 miler

Leedham

Reaction score
I thought there was a 6 mile one? ...on commando on the front line dint that terry jon failed on that?

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no that was the 4 miler. dont know how he would have failed that if he could pass a prmc, but im guessing it might be because he was nackered from all the exercise he had been forced to do *text deleted*

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no that was the 4 miler. dont know how he would have failed that if he could pass a prmc, but im guessing it might be because he was nackered from all the exercise he had been forced to do *text deleted*

He had an injury.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
did he? what was it?

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can't remember what it was but something to do with his leg. ( correct me if i'm wrong )

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the training team wouldn't have let him do the run if he was injured i expect

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I read the book and he ended up having some odd form of blood flow restriction around the muscle through a membrane the wont let oxygen flow or doesnt expand properly i cant recall exactly and i dont have the book on hand. Corrective surgery might or might not help as i recall.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
ye it was his leg, the training team didn't know about it at the time and neither did he,it was a weird injury. and don't forget that he was running the 4 mile with about 21lbs of kit and a rifle in boots and combat jacket/pants. might sound easy but i bet its harder than what it looks and sounds!

robj

Reaction score
he had compartment syndrome which is basically where the muscles cant expand and pressure builds up causing cramp and loss of sensation. He must have had a pretty chronic case of it *text deleted* it is treatable normally with physio and deep muscle massaging

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Had a look in the book yeah like robj said its called compartment syndrome, terry was medically discharged from marine training but passed out As an army engineer 10 months later.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Speed Marching

there is also a 12-mile load carry in the latter stages of training aswel not sure of the time limit tho!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
that 12 mile is only a hike isn't it?

RC

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a 6 mile speed march. Most of the lads in my troop found the 6 miler harder than the 9 miler due to the hills.

Rich.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
RC whats it like on your Shins? I'd of thought carrying all that weight and speed marching up a hill would absolutely cain them.

Tarod

Reaction score
Think it was called Carpal tunnel syndrome or Compartment tunnel syndrome?

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just had a look in the book and its Compartment Syndrome. Carpal Tunnel is to do with your wrists I think.

New Threads