Speed?

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey i think this is a question pointed towards ninja,

my cousin is 16 and lives in spain he is english, he wants to be a royal marine and is at this point fit enough to pass PRMC, however if he comes back to england he will only have a place to live for a maximum of 4 months. is it possible to get him rushed through into RT in this time?

cheers james

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Should be able to if you tell them you want it quick.. Shortest i've heard of(and was quoted with at my AFCO) is around 2/3 months providing the fitness is high, so he would be fine but maybe you/he should contact the AFCO he will be attending first, to make sure.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
hey i think this is a question pointed towards ninja,

my cousin is 16 and lives in spain he is english, he wants to be a royal marine and is at this point fit enough to pass PRMC, however if he comes back to england he will only have a place to live for a maximum of 4 months. is it possible to get him rushed through into RT in this time?

cheers james

The speed at which you pass selection is governed entirely by the individuals preparedness. (Bear in mind there are gaps in intakes over set leave periods- see RT start dates).

Assuming he gets the process started by getting in touch with the overseas desk & submitting all the paperwork months before he even gets to UK, plans ahead & requests (well in advance) the Recruiting Test, Interview, Medical, PJFT & PRMC in quick succession, the entire selection process can be completed in less than two weeks (if he brings copies of his entire medical notes), pending the outcome of security clearance. Entry, following the successful completion of PRMC is usually 4 to 6 weeks later. (Remembering there are no intakes over leave periods)

The truth is, it's very rarely achieved as very few arrive fully prepared from the outset.

Josh

Reaction score
i moved back from malta to join and i asked for it to be as fast as pos *text deleted* i didnt have anywere to live relie. and *text deleted* ive moved frm abroard live he is its taken 5months *text deleted* of the security clearnce forms.

hope tht is usefull