Sport in general

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What sports do you guys do?
The ordinary footy, rugby, tennis etc
Or COOL sports like rockclimbing, abseiling, kayaking, canooing etc.

I love rockclimbing and kayaking, they're the best =D

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You missed out boxing mate!

Long term passionate football fan, good to watch and can be very exicting. I like playing it too but I picked up many injuries while playing 5-a-side including a 2 week concussion where I slipped and some big Portuguese guy tripped over me and landed straight on my head.

Formula 1 is ok I suppose, a bit boring though. It's good to see those machines thunder around a track. Incredibly quick and you'll only know how quick they actually are when you see one of them compared to a sports car or DTM car... or a normal car in a race.

Cricket is a terrible sport, like Golf and Snooker too. Tennis is not too bad though, good to see Nadal and Federer as those two are head and shoulder above the others.

But for me it's boxing that I like, I'm learning it now and a hard one it is.

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
well i guess as far as sport goes.. the only one i'd say i love is boxing. Don't do it as much anymore though. But i can't say i don't like the odd game of footy or rugby though.
Find it quite boring watching the sports though. Unless its an exciting match or fight ovbiously.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i guess as far as sport goes.. the only one i'd say i love is boxing. Don't do it as much anymore though. But i can't say i don't like the odd game of footy or rugby though.
Find it quite boring watching the sports though. Unless its an exciting match or fight ovbiously.

If I pass my PRMC and I go into the same troop as you, maybe you could teach me a few advanced techniques ;)

Bring head gear and sparring gloves ;)

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* watch the footy this weekend though.........
Newcastle and SCUMBERLAND
We're *text deleted* hammer the mackem c*unts.... no offence to any on the forum of course
=)

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
*text deleted*.. i guess i probs would take my gear, but we would probs be too nakered from training to do much anyways.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*.. i guess i probs would take my gear, but we would probs be too nakered from training to do much anyways.

*text deleted* your probably right there. dunno they may go a bit sckitso if they were to someone sparring in their free time.

I've only been into boxing for like 2 months now but it's really grown on me since I've taken it up. It's a lot harder than any other sport out there in my opinion. I think I'm sparring tonight, any tips?

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Boxing is the 1! did it for around 4 years. got a gold n silver medal out of it in CBC n then startd smokin n *text deleted**text deleted* n just couldnt keep up. Thats a mans sport toe to toe with fuk al but wraps gloves n gumshield

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
i did it for 5 years. had 15 fights, which isn't a lot in that time if u think about it. But i was injured quite a bit and couldn't find fight and wasn't fit and just like every possible reason going *text deleted*. I don't do it know because my trainerr started being a *text deleted** with me because i wanted to join the marines and focus on training more.

Tips.. Well erm.. guess i'd have to see you spar really. But keep your hands up obviously and don't throw wild punches. best to pick your punches and move or wait for him and then counter. only 1-2 punches then move away. I find it much easier to stay on my back foot then counter with 1 or 2 punches than go forward throwing. just use the defences u should have been shown and counter and u should do good. Thats what amature boxing is mainly about.

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
whats gold and silver CBC.. never heard of that.
I won great britain national golden belt title last year.

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sh1t with just 15 fights u won GBN thats pretty good going, Croydon Boxing championship, small comp in south london, i take it *text deleted* orthadox fighter ye dan? yea injuries come to often in boxing, crackd ribs, dislocated shoulders, the broken nose, Its 1 of those things i wish i didnt quit

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to go to manchester wall sometime.
I mainly go to Sunderland, tis the biggest in the north east, no where near biggest in europe like... but it's pretty good :amuse:
And the lakes
I love going there to climb crags
And kayaking :)

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
attachment.php

yeeeeee *text deleted*

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
Sh1t with just 15 fights u won GBN thats pretty good going, Croydon Boxing championship, small comp in south london, i take it *text deleted* orthadox fighter ye dan? yea injuries come to often in boxing, crackd ribs, dislocated shoulders, the broken nose, Its 1 of those things i wish i didnt quit

no it's not a huge one, it's mainly one of the starting championships. Which i think it was people under 20 fights can enter, people with more than 20 go in the next one up obviously and so on.. but it's like the whole of great britain, depending on how many people enter oviously though. I have had 2 fights in gurnseys as well and one in Poland :) And nope mate i'm southpaw. :)

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Tips.. Well erm.. guess i'd have to see you spar really. But keep your hands up obviously and don't throw wild punches. best to pick your punches and move or wait for him and then counter. only 1-2 punches then move away. I find it much easier to stay on my back foot then counter with 1 or 2 punches than go forward throwing. just use the defences u should have been shown and counter and u should do good. Thats what amature boxing is mainly about.

Well I sparred in the club for the first time last Friday and I did quite well. I was against the people that joined the same time as me. My tactics were to wait for his jab and counter, and it worked a few times. Rarely got caught, maybe 3 or 4 times in the 4 rounds of boxing. But it's natural for it to be like that. When you go wild I think it shows that your just focusing on beating the sh*t out of your sparring partner rather than learning new techniques :laugh:

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no it's not a huge one, it's mainly one of the starting championships. Which i think it was people under 20 fights can enter, people with more than 20 go in the next one up obviously and so on.. but it's like the whole of great britain, depending on how many people enter oviously though. I have had 2 fights in gurnseys as well and one in Poland :) And nope mate i'm southpaw. :)

I used to hate fighting southpaws always have to expect the unexpected. u stil doing Shadow boxing n training on the bags or sparring?

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I do rowing, standard marines stuff (running, circuits bla bla), mountain biking, and mixed martial arts (Thai-Kick-Jitsu, a cross between Aikido, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, and Jiu-Jitsu). My favourite is without a doubt mma.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
One of my boxing coachs is an army pti (bassingbourn barracks is just down the road), and he basically says, just do straight punches (shortest distance between two points is a straight line), and get super fit. When i first starting a few years ago i just went in looking for a knockout - right hook, upper cut, etc, but its more about hitting a lot quickly, rather than hitting hard not very often.