Sport in RM

Reaction score
Just wondering how it works etc.....

Can u undertake sports in the RM?

What sports are on offer?

Reaction score
haha i did put the effort in, i have looked at this. My fault.....what i was intending was while trainning on my PRMC or POC can i undertake a sport. For example, can I play football for a RM team on a weekly basis, or could i join the boxing club?

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You can't do the sports until after RT, and I doubt you will want to, the training will kill off all of your energy anyway. What I was wondering is when you're a mainstream marine, when do you actually do all this sport? I mean football, boxing, martial arts and things like that can easily be done in the evenings but what about mountaineering and caving and things like that? You would have to specifically go away on trips for these things and wouldn't this interrupt the rest of your training ?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
my bad. not sure about that, i'd be suprised if you could. though there's the British Military Fitness group (check with searchbar. there's a couple of threads about it) not srut good for training

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
haha i did put the effort in, i have looked at this. My fault.....what i was intending was while trainning on my PRMC or POC can i undertake a sport. For example, can I play football for a RM team on a weekly basis, or could i join the boxing club?

Do you mean whilst in RT or YO training, rathert than POC and PRMC?

If so yes you can play sports although more PT maybe the last thing you want, but a guy in my troop 4 years back was running cross country for the corp. They gave him special leave whist in training to do it, but he really was exceptional and it isn't common to do the above.

Reaction score
You can't do the sports until RT, and I doubt you will want to, the training will kill off all of your energy anyway. What I was wondering is when you're a mainstream marine, when do you actually do all this sport? I mean football, boxing, martial arts and things like that can easily be done in the evenings but what about mountaineering and caving and things like that? You would have to specifically go away on trips for these things and wouldn't this interrupt the rest of your training ?

Cool

so.........

Do the RM have a football teams and rugby teams that enter leagues and stuff?

ninjamej

Reaction score
you can do every regular sport like football rugby tennis badminton and squash cricket and also try *text deleted* han at some up market sports like rock climbing kayaking etc
and yes the marines have diffrent unit tornuments aswell as the army navy raf tournments

the army vs navy is plyed for rugby every year at twickhenam its called the bacbock trophy

Reaction score
Do you mean whilst in RT or YO training, rathert than POC and PRMC?

If so yes you can play sports although more PT maybe the last thing you want, but a guy in my troop 4 years back was running cross country for the corp. They gave him special leave whist in training to do it, but he really was exceptional and it isn't common to do the above.

excuse my ignorance again i mean PT or YO

New Threads